Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Some of my yesterday's small finds and coil size comparisons

graytcote

I put my new 6.5" x 9" coil on my AT and hunted a lake that was 5' low yesterday. The swim beach I hunted is one of the heaviest hunted spots in the lakes around here. When I water hunted it once last season 4 more water hunters showed up out there. I hunted the dry lake bed and it was pretty quiet. I could have left my stock coil on. There were only little targets left out there besides about 20 pull tabs, some bottle caps, and 6 or 7 coins. I got five little earrings and all of the four with stones in them tested fake. The little gold flower one did test 18k! Now I am 4 for 5 for getting gold with my AT! I also found some little pieces of silver necklaces or bracelets. Those could have easily went through the holes of our water scoops. I got one ring and it was this junk toe ring which I put in the photo for a size comparison. I am very impressed now on how hot the AT is for getting these little items. I hunted again in Standard, zero discrimination, and I had my sensitivity cranked up all of the way. I think I will stick to the older, less hunted, pull tab infested beaches and lake beds. It is more work, takes more patience, but I think the chances of finding the rings, and bigger targets are better.

I think that the new 6.5" x 9" coil will be my coil of choice for dry lake and beach hunting. Especially for hunting in pull tabs. Being smaller than the stock 8.5" x 11" coil it will separate the targets better at the pull tab infested spots, I could still cover lots of area, and get good depth. The new 4.5" sniper coil is really small in comparison and it would be hard to cover much area on beaches. I think the 4.5" would be good for really trashy lots, parks, or yards. Plus from my experiences with my 5" coils you have to swing them really slow. I have included some photos of the size difference. The first shows the 6.5" x 9" coil and 4.5" coils and the next photo has the stock coil too.

I have all of the coils, coil covers, and lower shafts in stock now. I have good prices on the coils and I ship them for free.

Indian Nations Detectors

I have the 9" x 12" coil on order for my favorite ring hunting spots. I sure like that 15kHz operating frequency. It really works well on the Scorpion for rings, so I am betting it will do well on the AT Pro also. :)

Good luck with that 9 x12! There is a lot of fervor now over the new 4.5" coil and that 6.5 x 9 has been ignored. I think each coil will have their special purposes.

I really like the tone ID that the AT has. I can tell bottle caps that I don't have to dig now which I can't with my Excal II. My E-Trac which puts just about everything good on the ferrous 12 number makes everything sound at a mid tone. The AT is my detector of choice now for beach and dried lake bed hunting. It is light and I have found gold with it 4 out of 5 times out which has really boosted my confidence in it. I haven't got to play with the settings yet, it may work even better when I get a chance to. I am having some good luck right now with the way I have been hunting with it. The Excal with it's 17 frequencies will be hard to beat in the water and the E-Trac will be hard to beat for those really deep coins and bullets. I think detectors have become specialized now for different types of hunting.

I do use an E-trac and Excal have never found any studs or chains with them. I guess that is why we have more then one or two detectors. Try the AT Pro in the Pro mode and see what it does for you. I don't think you can beat the At Pro for price and performance.

with you on that statement. I really liked this post, as that is the way that I feel also....The deepest and bad-dest out there is made great for one thing, but you still grab other detectors, for different jobs.....
Good Hunting, Clyde (La.)

Thanks Clyde, people used to be brand loyal years ago and would never switch brands. There used to be very heated debates on these forums on which brand was the best. Now people want the detector that is going to find the most and perform the best for their type of hunting regardless of brand. The AT hasn't been in the water yet since it just came out so we will see how it does there in a few months. I know that some other detector brands are coming up with detectors to compete with the AT soon but I don't know if anyone can make a perfect all terrain detector.

You are definitely right Frank, the AT is the biggest bang for people's buck. Especially with the newest technology that it has and all of the different uses. I will try the pro mode soon but it is very hard to switch right now since I have had so much luck so far in the standard mode. I will try to tweak my AT.