Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Some of the good things i've done for our hobby -

GRAY GHOST

Hello all. I started detecting back in 1982, and have seen just about everything. I've dug used hypodermic syringes, THOUSANDS of nails, spikes, glass shards, all manner of wire, bottlecaps, pulltabs, jagged pieces of rusty sheet metal, broken ball and mason jars, old shovels and hoes, and threw them all away before some hapless soul happened to step on one of them, or would have a flat tire if driven over.
I've returned several high school, toe, and wedding rings to their rightful owners, sometimes after being asked specifically to do so.

But, most of all, i try my best to respect the landowner's property, fill all holes, show all i've found, and not trespass where i don't have permission to be. There's a rush we all get when we recover a really nice coin, a piece of jewelry, or an old relic. It's a neat thing for me to show what i've found and share my knowledge with my old buddies on this forum. Last, but certainly not least, is the way i always preserve and document important historical relics and coins that i recover for the future generations.

Thanks.....:thumbup:

Very good read...............Hope others read this as well and take it to heart. HH, Nancy

I didnt start metal detecting with all this good doing in mind but it has grown on me rather quickly. now, it has become an integral part of who I am and the small part I play in this hobby...

thanks for sharing!