Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Some possibly naive questions.........

upnorth

If so many folks are coin shooters, and so many of them want silver/copper coins............. Why do the major detector companies not make machines dedicated to this focus ? Like a 3 kHz machine or whatever. Companies need to cover as much market share as possible, so the machines need to be more or less generalized, to a certain degree ? I beleive that I have seen different frequency coils, is this how some folks do this ? And why can they not make a machine adaptable to go from low kHz to high ? I know nothing about electronics but I believe that some Minelabs are multi frequency, are they not ?

If you want a multi frequency machine that allows you to pick a specific freq. than the V3i or XP Deus is the answer. The V3i has 3 frequencies ...2.5; 7.5; 22.5 kHz.
The Deus has 4 frequencies if my memory is correct.
On the V3i you can pick one or all three simultaneously.
I think the Deus allows 1 of the 4, though someone who has used this detector can confirm.
The minelabs have something similar for one of there models but it involves switching coils from what I understand.

I'm not sure about all Minelabs, but at least the e-trac and Safari use I think it is 28 different frequencies. What it does is when you ground balance it selects a "best set" of frequencies for the ground mineralization. By using multiple frequencies at the same time, it allows for better detecting of a wider range of targets. If any of that makes any sense.