Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Some Questions

Acornhead

Hey everyone. Hit Cape Cod, where I lived for 30 years, but hadn't gotten into metal detecting then. Too bad. Hit a nice gold ring with the Excal 2 yesterday morning, but off to hang with my boy today. Had three questions.
1) How do I edit a mode that I've down loaded? Every time I go into mode, modify the discrimination pattern go to save mode and enter, the original discrimination pattern from the mode is there, not the one I modified.
2) When saving a mode, this includes all modification along with the discrimination pattern, correct?

3) Finally, is there a way to give modes and patterns names, or do you just have to have them written down, and memorize them, example; Mode 1=Andy, Mode 2 High Trash,, etc.

Thanks so much. Des in Buffalo

Discrimination Pattern Edit Procedure in my own words:
1. To keep the detector from squawking during editing, you might want to go into manual sensitivity and adjust the sensitivity down to zero.
2. Goto the Discrimination Menu, scroll to or make sure SELECT is highlighted, then press the RIGHT ARROW. All saved patterns will appear.
3. Scroll down to whatever pattern you want to edit and then press the DETECT button. The pattern should now be in the SmartFind display
4. Now bring up the Discrimination Menu again and scroll down to EDIT then press the RIGHT ARROW
5. Now you should be in EDIT MODE. You can select the Edit resolution by pressing the WHITE BLACK OUTLINED ARROW located right under the Power button
6. The Edit cursor block can be moved around by any of the 4 ARROWS at the lower left.
7. Once the Edit cursor is over an area you want to allow or discriminate, toggle the CHECKMARK/X button at the lower right
8. Once the pattern is edited to satisfaction bring up the Discrimination Menu again
9. Scroll down to SAVE and this is IMPORTANT, press the RIGHT ARROW to save the edit.
If you press the DETECT BUTTON, the edit will NOT be saved.
I think i got it right. Putting it in words from memory is a little tougher than actually doing it.

I don't save patterns/settings in USER MODE. Detecting is dynamic meaning i change settings often on the fly depending on different sites or changing conditions. Simple. So personally i have no use for saving USER MODE patterns/settings.
I'd imagine the procedure is the same except you'd start out in the USER MODES menu rather than the DISCRIMINATION menu.

And no, you can't custom name patterns. After a while you can easily identify them by their pictures shown in the DISCRIMINATION (or USER MODE) menus.

Good Luck! Any more questions post em here.
Keep in mind, anything is easy once you know how to do it! :thumbup: