Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Some Racer 2 finds

JFlynn

This past Thursday a very old mill house was torn down in town. Small shoebox house on a probably 40X50 foot lot. Friday it got slammed and Saturday also by 6-8 different people and machines. Sunday afternoon I eased in there with the R-2 for about an hour and a half. Got 3 silvers several wheats and a bunch of clad. You talk about a place full of metal and scraps! The R-2 has never disappointed me.

Eased back in there I think Wednesday afternoon after it rained Monday night and Tuesday and the lot had been hayed in and seed thrown. No silver but another mess of old clad and wheats and a 1944 Filipino 5 cent piece, I thought it was a fatty it's so thick.

The middle of last week eased into my testing grounds with the Nokta Relic and well it found me some more stuff, several wheats and a Merc dime. I've dug a bunch of stuff off that couple of lot's.

Wish we had soil like that here in AZ. The Racer 2 is just a fun, great detector to use. Looks like the Racer 2 is working great for you too!

I have to get out and swing!!!
I'm jonesing lol.
Phenomenal finds. Especially with how many others were there before you!!
Great machine :)

Congrats on those finds. I really like how that Racer 2 handles with those old trashy house sites.

Nice finds, I just got a Racer 2 myself. Any recommendations on settings for parks/home sites? I'm in Western KY. Thanks!

Parks:
Three Tone Mode, Gain 50 - 90, ID Filter 27, Notch out 33-42, 46-63
Tone Breaks 29 & 75
Tones: Low 10 hz, mid 40 hz, high 70 hz
Iron Volume 0
(This will get you most of the coins but you'll lose some of the gold as it eliminates most all trash items)

Home sites:
Three Tone Mode, Gain 95, ID Filter 2, Notch: none
Tone Breaks 10 & 65
Tones: Low 10 hz, mid 40 hz, high 70 hz
Iron Vol: 1

These work well for me but I'm in AZ

be nice if we could do that here but up goes a 10 foot fence before any pull down & building work happens...

good job on the finds. :biggrin:

AJ