Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Some Recent Finds - A Little SIlver, Lots of Relics

William-NM

I managed a few keepers in between the sub-freezing days (and it's back up into the 40's - 50's now, my favorite digging temp!)

I dug the silver Art Deco ring in an old rail yard. It's stamped "OB Sterling", for Ostby Barton. Sadly, Barton went down with the Titanic in 1912, though his daughter Helen survived. It's a nice looking ring, but the stone is cracked - I'm thinking of getting a nice blue-green rounded Turquoise cab from the prized #8 mine for it. I inserted a photo of one of their rings with a stone of that description. Hope I'm up to the task, haven't set too many stones. Also found a couple other small silver items.
silver_zps3698aaaf.jpg

Ever seen a grown man cry?
us-buckle_zpsb4817fa4.jpg

Found a few tokens - a safety one from the Santa Fe line, two Woodmen of the World insurance ones, and an Associates finance token (In looking it up, I see that they all had the same #, heh)
tokens-a_zpsdb000d93.jpg
tokens-b_zps2548cc0e.jpg

Some cool old locks and keys:
locks_zpsfc4da851.jpg

A skull cracker, youch!!
stone_zpscf7fbfd7.jpg

Yet another Chauffeur's license (#5), part of an Elks club medal, a "N.W.M.P." tag- North West Mounted Police?. Also, an interesting wartime relic - a gunner on a Harley Davidson (Gas tank has H-D on one side, '45 on the other). Not sure how it was mounted. Another WWII dog tag, and a rolled penny from the 1940 San Francisco event "Golden Gate International Exposition" showing the Golden Gate bridge and Treasure Island.
badges_zpsb79910eb.jpg

I dug the other half of the brass "Hector" pin that I found on an earlier outing. It looks to have been a clasp to hold a cloak or shawl on.
pins_zpsa7cd8d2d.jpg

MMMmmmmmarbles... & a few toys:
marbles_zps65afcc2c.jpg
toys_zps10f9f776.jpg

and a small fortune to add to my retirement fund:
coins-front_zpsded39121.jpg
coins-back_zps4745396e.jpg

I said "no more bottles", but...
bottles_zps16fbad2c.jpg
bottles-a_zps778ada29.jpg

I like the curvy axe head and the small hammer head:
iron_zps93a6e3e0.jpg

If I ever go hungry, it won't be for lack of utensils!
flatware_zps2b3cb37e.jpg

And the rest...
buckles_zpsd1598679.jpg
brass_zpsbc0f01ea.jpg
lead_zps6b5fac56.jpg

Thanks for looking and best of luck in the hunt to all!!

William,those are some very interesting finds.Each item with its own little place in history. Cool!!

Thanks, Blade! You never know what the earth is holding underneath your feet.

Excellent finds and thanks for sharing. :thumbup:

I noticed a similarity of one of your items to one i have. Are there short legs on the bottom side of yours? It looks to be almost a twin.

Knarfi - yes, there are short legs. Thanks for the note- that makes sense, I've found a couple of the early irons down there!

W-O-W! You keep your eyes open for everything! Glass, metal, rocks....you've got all your bases covered. Would you say that you tend to dig a "lot" of holes? I'd be really curious what some of your non-coin items showed up as on the VDI.

Incredible finds!