Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

some recent finds and question about coins

JMorgan

I found the 2 pennies recently (1863 and 1864) in different locations and was wondering why some come out green and smooth and some come out the normal color. Also my first confederate finds.

Mineralization in the ground is what turns them different colors. That's why some bullets come out white and some brown or different shades in between. That's some nice finds there. I like the ringtail sharps. Good assortment! I can't make out the shield on the eagle button on the right, does it have a letter in it? Pound that site and see if you can pull out a confederate button!!!

Jeff

Yes, the mineralization in the ground will make them green. Sometimes brown. Very nice finds. Love all the old bullets. HH, Nancy