Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Some recent finds from the river,

jabbo

farms, and the woods. Sinkers, musket balls, bells, 1888 IH penny, Buff nickel, 1722 French Denier copper coin with visible date. Horse buckles, small buckle, etc. In the right picture I don't know what the ring with the finger tab is, any advice is appreciated. Last week I brought a load of Colonial era stuff to a local Colonial era museum in Johnson Park. The curator took only the items that were found in that specific location, nothing from other towns. I told him I would donate if the items would be displayed and not stored forever in the back room in a box. He took pictures and filled out a form for each item and said all the items would definitely be displayed and I could have my name attached to the display, I said OK. Glad some of my stuff went to a good home. It hurts a little, but I'm at the point of getting rid of most of this stuff I accumulated over the years. I'm still very active, but at my age of 75 I could kick the bucket tomorrow and my wife might think it's all junk and maybe throw everything out. Last week I knocked on the door of a 1700's farm house. The owner said no problem detecting but the yard was searched about 10 times by another guy. The yard was full of nail signals so I didn't have any luck there, but a few years ago I dug up about five King George pennies and one silver 3 cent piece in the corn field there. Crop fields have always been good to me for old coins.

Great finds!!! 75 years old and still getting out and swinging a detector! You are to be commended Jabbo:thumbup:

75 and still swingin gives me hope for many more years of detecting. Great bunch of finds. In regards to the round metal thing with the tab, At first glance it reminded me of a monocle but typically the tab which fastened it to a chain or ribbon was much smaller. Who knows?

Goldstrike, Thank you. I've been detecting over 40 years now and I credit having perfect health to this wonderful hobby that I love. The trick to staying healthy is to do what you love to do. Otherwise your vibes are lowered and lower vibes will actually turn against you over a period of time. I've always been healthy, never get sick. My body follows what my mind knows, and my mind knows that perfect health is natural, unless we get in the way. Actually, I've known this health thing since I was about 5 years old. Maybe I was born knowing the mind-body communication but I never ever forgot it. Again, I grab my detector and go detecting in the woods, river, field or farms for 3-4 hours several times a week.
Many times now I find no keepers at my favorite places, but my wife says "at least you were out there doing what you like doing".

Absolutely! Metal detecting can be great therapy for the mind, body and soul in many ways. One of the secrets to a happy life is finding what and where your passion is and just do it. In our case, I believe it's metal detecting even though sometimes we never find anything of any value and that's ok!:clapping: