Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

SOME RESULTS USING MODIFIED TESORO

Bleaver

Here are my finds from 4 or 5 outings using my 3D modified Silver Sabre uMax and Vaquero. In the picture the finds have been separated after 30 minutes in a tumbler. Next I will further clean them separately, Pennies, Nickels, and clad/silver.

As you can see there is a very respectable proportion of nickels to other finds. The modified machines are performing very well. While I did find 2 gold rings before Christmas with the 3D Silver Sabre uMax there was, unfortunately, none found in this bunch.

[attachment 284483 CIMG42185090.JPG]

I shamelessly talk up this mod because it is very effective. For those not previously bored with my ramblings on the subject a search of 3D or Triple Discrimination System will reveal more on it.

The short version explanation follows:
I set the stock discrimination to just break up on round drink foil tops. Each target that makes it past foil was categorized using a 3 position momentary toggle switch that returns to the center position when not activated.

Pressing the toggle down activates Nickel and below discrimination. If the signal goes away in this position chances are the target is a Nickel, Can Slaw or a Gold Ring.

Pushing the toggle up activates the Zinc and below discrimination. If the signal remains its probably a non-zinc coin or silver. If it does go away its probably a pull top or zinc.

Lots of nickels in the pile, looks like it's working for you! I'm guessing your mod is similar to the Troy Shadow X2 coin check button.... only a little more elaborate, good job:thumbup:

Always interesting to see how Tesoros can be hot-rodded...........and personalized to suit your needs.:thumbup:

I think the 3D mod should be standard on a production Tesoro detector.:thumbup:

tabman

Is this the 3rd one you've done? I printed out the info on the Blue and Yellow one. Or are you using this for land not water?

I agree.
I'm going to have to change my signature because the Troy X3 turned out to be a X2. Truth to be told I'd rather have a 3D modified Silver Sabre that the X2. I may try to trade the X2 for another Silver Sabre uMax some time if I can get a good deal with some extras or additional money.

Yes, it is. Notch that works very well for less than $12.

Your question got me thinking on why I like the 3D setup as much as I do. I have used a lot of notch machines in the past and found most machines have the notched zones set - too wide - or too narrow - but never to my satisfaction.

I liked the notch range on the Golden uMax best but I am not a fan of tones. Then I got hold of a Troy X5 and found its notched out zone to be comparable with the Golden uMax, but with a single tone, I was in heaven. It did not hurt that had I found 2 gold rings with the X5 in the 1st two weeks. Now my notch zones are set right where I want them not a half block too low or high.

That is what got me to considering the possibility of modifying a standard Tesoro into a triple discrimination system. I can honestly say the modified 3D machines perform as well as the detectors I was inspired by.

In the past I would often spend too much time at high discrimination levels because I got tired of digging trash. Now I get inspiration by just thinking of all the targets below foil I