Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Some "summertime" pics for us freezing here in the north.......

yardhunter

I'll add some pics to this forum. I'm tired of being cold & not being able to detect due to weather/snow. So......here's a few pics of the family the past few summers doing what we like to do in warm weather.
That is.....get away from the rat race of the city life.

I have 4 canoes & our family are constantly takes out youth groups, boy scouts, adults & just
about anyone else that wants to travel the rivers here in N. Ky.

Here we are:
This is my daughter Sandy "goofing" around as she usually does....

[attachment 186354 aaa.jpg]

Here are both my kids doing a little "crawdad" hunting.....

[attachment 186355 bbb.jpg]

Another one with a bucket of crawdads......

[attachment 186356 ccc.jpg]

Yep, you've guessed who it is again....Sandy....
You can tell why I get her in by canoe--she rarely has a paddle in her hands!

[attachment 186357 ddd.jpg]

One more of the ol' yardhunter & my little girl...( not so little anymore...}

[attachment 186360 fff.jpg]

5 pictures is all I can show here amongst 100's of others. Oh well......
Thanks for looking.......all I can say is......

Hurry up Summertime!.............see ya yardhunter

Great pics there yardhunter, BTW what river is that in KY. I grew up in KY

Thanks for sharing............TomB

Good pictures. What part of Ky are you in. I live in larue county.

I know where that is. I am from Hardin County. I bought my first car in Larue Co. My family used to have a cabin on Rough River and I used to boat all over Nolin River.

Ron

Good family fun. You got some good looking kids. Some of my best memories as a boy are roaming a creek like that with my 22 rifle
in Barren Co at my grandparents place. There sure are a lot of people from Kentucky here.

a freind and i were doin that and allmost killed each other. :lol:
We were lookin fer stuff to shoot/kill.
One of us flipped a rock over in the creek with our foot exposin a huge water snake.
For all we knew it was killer rattler er somethin and we both opened up on it with our rifles.
Now we were facin each other and of course lead a rock fragments flew up in each others faces.

Of course we both laughed then.
But dang, were we dumb or what ?!?!?! :lmfao:

Jim, that is funny because that is just what we would do. Me and 2 or 3 cousins along with my dad would walk for miles turning over
rocks and shooting snakes just like you, it's a wonder somebody didn't get a foot shot off. We would fish with our 22's by placing
the barrel under the water close to the fish, the shot would stun them. I was a mean little sheit and i would shoot anything that moved.
I haven't killed anything for years other than doves. I wish i could go back and do it all over again.

I remember one time i shot a rabbit with my 15# bow. The arrow went right thru both eyes.
Amazingly it didn't die and i was so proud of that shot that i walked about 20 minutes all the way home with it floppin and spinnin on the arrow to show my folks.
Of course i got my azz kicked :lol: