Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Some thoughts on the G2

Ray(Ca)

Hi everyone

Took the G2 out this weekend with the 5X10 coil. Here in California we don't get snow or freezing temps so I can pretty much hunt year round. Took the G2 back to a old logging camp from the 1840's that I hunted a couple of weeks ago. That first trip I found a 1786 2 MARAVED

Gosh Ray(Ca)... Any older coin found in California is a great find, The 1786 coin is a real great find... WOW...My best find was with a Teknetics T2 at a Stage stop (Pogue's Station) north of Duckwater, Nevada back in 2008 was a Shield Nickel... It was a real thrill to my memory of finding it... But it pales to your find... Best js.

Sweet Ray !!!!

So I am new to detecting I have the gbII but my question is if you hear a very faint beep do you dig? I tend to pass those up and normally will dig the more louder beeps? seems like the real faint beeps are usually small pieces of foil? any thoughts?

This thread is about the Teknetics G2 not the Gold Bug 2. But, in answer to your question, it depends. I saw that you are using the GB2 at playgrounds and such in addition to the gold fields. I would dig all nonferrous signals in a volleyball court looking for small earrings. In totlots I pass up most of the weak inconsistent signals as there is often too much foil to worry about. Check out previous posts by ANT on this forum. He inspired me to use a GB2 at playgrounds and gives some good advice. Also watch his video if you haven't already.

Keep in mind that not a lot of us use the GB2 at totlots as it is primarily considered a prospecting detector so you won't likely get a lot of response from many detectorists on this. But the GB2 is a good detector for playground jewelry hunting if you are patient and learn it. I found a small gold chain a couple of days ago in the woodchips with the GB2 after skipping many of the faint scratchy signals as ANT recommends.

The G2 is also good at finding gold as it shares the same inner circuitry as the golf bug pro.