Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Some Time With an Old Friend:thumbup:

IBdiggin

Been quite busy with the At Pro learning the new language and the big coil. Feeling confident about taking it to the water I decided to spend some time with my old friend the F70 and the now not so big 10" elliptical.

Took the 70 to school with me. An area elementary school hunt that is. One of the first schools located in a nearby rural community. Most people overlook these locations because of their size but history tells us some have had upper classes as well. I came from rural country education and recall the school picnics, holiday celebrations etc that took place on school grounds where many adults joined in with the opportunity to loose thing for us to find.
After finding a dozen or more clad dimes around a tot lot I moved to an older part of the grounds that looked to have the outline of an old ball diamond right next to a soccer field. I could even make out the old backstop and some of the baseline. First came a wheat penny 1952 but too crusty to make a picture. Then a big high tone 75 then 76. Higher than a clad dime but not a quarter. I had my suspicions as to what it was and put the screwdriver away and dug a plug instead just to be safe as not to mar a nice target. 4" down and a little excited I got a preview of what was to come.
Even a well worn one is a thing of beauty. My second silver in a week. There is gotta be more there---------IB

jim tn said:
Good hits on the wheat and silver dime and locating the older ground on the spot. :thumbup: HH jim tn

Well said , Jim . Nice going Bdiggin , a nice Merc is always a joyous occasion .:detecting::clapping:

Congrats on the finds. awesome recovery,