Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Some type of a firearm piece maybe?

Ronstar

Dug this today in the Old Arboretum on campus. We have been recovering several old 45 cal rifle cases (45-60?) and today I got this at nearly 6” down. Not familiar enough with the old Henry rifles or Winchester's to know if this might be firearm related. It is threaded on the bottom...

Attachments

• F83CD94F-DDF4-4DC7-9EC4-59DF7FFFB65D.jpeg
    F83CD94F-DDF4-4DC7-9EC4-59DF7FFFB65D.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 199
  • A48FE484-E7B5-48DA-B34B-63FA8E75BEC5.jpeg
    A48FE484-E7B5-48DA-B34B-63FA8E75BEC5.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 193
When you said it is threaded on the bottom that was the key. That looks like it is grooved for a O ring, I would say it is off some kind slid rod for sealing something.

How deep is the threaded hole and are there any small holes in the tip? It reminds me of a sprayer nozzle tip.

Dug this today in the Old Arboretum on campus. We have been recovering several old 45 cal rifle cases (45-60?) and today I got this at nearly 6” down. Not familiar enough with the old Henry rifles or Winchester's to know if this might be firearm related. It is threaded on the bottom...
looks like a percussion nipple

No holes in the tip, at first thought maybe a grease zirk but No. Depth? Not sure but looks like half of over all length. Flat top is intriguing.....

I'm with the spray nozzel or grease zirk.

yep I'm on board with the snapped off grease fitting...

Not thinking grease fitting...... there is no way to inject anything thru it nor does the piece slide back or forth. The threading on the inside is quite course rather than fine. If not mistake, grease fitting would have a flat for wrench to fit to remove/install????

Honestly, it looks like one part of a military equipment snap (male part).

Something similar to this.
1621204088243.png

Thats exactly what a guy here thought too!!!! Since we are digging ‘06 blanks then having gear from that period would make sense. Last ‘06 casing was DEN 42 so I can close this one out!!!! Thx