Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Some wet sand sweeping at a sanded in beach

tvr

We are on vacation at the beach and had all six grandkids here from Friday to Sunday afternoon. Sure is quiet when they go.
Targets have been few and far between. That said, with the Impulse AQ I'm digging some very deep targets. Got a thin ring yesterday that is leaching copper but shows a lot of silver color. I have no idea what it is made of yet. Will try to clean it up when I get home after the upcoming weekend. Good solid round sounding high tone signal in both all metal and tone modes. It was in wet sand where the hole did not collapse. About 6 scoops and for the last scoop the back of the scoop was a good 5 to 6 inches below surface level ... that puts that target down in the 18 inch or so range. Today I dug a quarter in wet sand where the hole again did not collapse. Good round sound and not faint at all in all metal. Switch to tone and it went to a smooth even mid-tone with little if any pitch modulation, not the low growl the stainless scoop gives. I was running at preset marks on the detector. Quarter was down about 18 inches or so like the ring. I don't think I would have hit either with any of the other detectors I have, and these were solid signals; not whispers.

Still learning the AQ; it continues to impress.

Was out today for a couple hours but took the Excal to hunt the higher sand near one high rise that was giving the AQ some interference. No interfence issue with the Excal, but not a lot of signals either. Found a little clad (three pennies, a nickle and two dimes) along the normal blanket line, none deep. Hit the wet sand and was getting nothing at all with the Excal. Maybe a handful of iron signals as opposed to the AQ finding them in abundance in the same areas. Almost went back to the room to get the AQ but it started to rain harder so I just headed in and stayed in. AQ will be back out tomorrow.

Back out today with the AQ. Getting even easier to walk away from the modulated signals that have all been iron when dug. Was familiar with the iron sounds on previous PIs and in all metal on VLF detectors, but it has still been a learning curve for me with the AQ. Back to digging deep holes. More bottle caps today than other days this week. Got one little pendant that after rinsing a little is junk (was hoping it might be silver, but it isn't). Pulled a very deep dime and nickle from about a foot apart in soft very wet sand. Was a good day at about ideal temperatures. No overheating, no bundling up against the cold ... about perfect!

Maybe the lack of targets TVR isn't a bad thing. Especially when new to the machine. By the time things get normal (beach people) losing stuff you'll have that machine down. And it will all come together at the right time. People will start hitting the beach again and thats when that extra depth should start paying off, The good times are coming.

Was out today and had a cut in the water close to shore and mostly buffed by a sand bar further out. Much of it was soft sand in the bottom, but some of it was good and solid. One good signal in particular had me digging a trench and finally pulled up a partly encrusted blob that I need to clean up. There is a part of it that just has that right look of a gold color ... I'll call it a maybe. Heading home tomorrow and then will find the camera and get some pictures up and get some of the stuff cleaned up for further examination.

Was out today and had a cut in the water close to shore and mostly buffed by a sand bar further out. Much of it was soft sand in the bottom, but some of it was good and solid. One good signal in particular had me digging a trench and finally pulled up a partly encrusted blob that I need to clean up. There is a part of it that just has that right look of a gold color ... I'll call it a maybe. Heading home tomorrow and then will find the camera and get some pictures up and get some of the stuff cleaned up for further examination.
I hope your maybe, turns to " ooo baby " ,, :ROFLMAO:
Have a safe trip heading home. We'll be waiting for those pics.

Wife showed me a little box with text in it on her phone and then pointed to the living room LOL

AtWhatAge.jpg
PutAway.JPG

Couple of pictures of finds. First, all of it, then the jewelry and the little hint of the maybe. The pendant is junk, the hoop earring I bent digging up is sterling, the encrusted blob is soaking in salt and vinegar and then the ring will get the same treatment in hopes of cleaning things up. Will update on how things clean up later.

Nut.JPG
Jewelry.JPG
GlintOfColor.jpg

Ah well ... the blob is a sloth and plated, the ring was also plated.
At least the one hoop ring is silver.

SlothNRing.JPG

Am working on obtaining one of those Impulse AQ detectors, there are a lot of hurdles to negotiate around.
When it does get here my still working slightly aged Fisher Impulse will have a companion.
:cheers:

Reactions: tvr