Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Somebody help me save $100.00

KyBill

Like the rest of you guy's, I'm a needle meter man. The problem is, my needle is letting me down. My 6000 Di Pro SL (black box) is still like new because I take good care of my equipment, but my meter will not id properly. Silver dime pegs 50 & not 65 and silver quarter pegs 60 not 75 as it should. Meter will not go higher than 60; no mater what you run under it. All other functions of the detector are 100%. I have tried the static removal tricks and have tried to calibrate with the adjustment screw without success. I talked with Steve at Whites and he says "Bad Meter". With meter, labor and shipping, we are talking $100.00 and some change. I am hoping that someone has a better solution. Any help will be appreciated.
KyBill

Darn KyBill,

Wish I had an answer. How much for just the meter? I have removed the meter before without too much grief. Might be something you could replace yourself, and save the shipping of your unit, and the labor. Just a thought.

OldeTymer

Thought about that. I think he said the meter was $45.00 + shipping, but I'm not sure that I could install it without screwing up. Seems every time I try to save a dollar, I foul it up; it ends up costing me big time.

It really is pretty simple. You just have to take your time, and not rush it. I'd be glad to help step you through it, if you decide to go that way. Do you have a digital camera? That would help during the disassembly and reassembly process. If not, I have one and could take my XL Pro apart and walk you through it, if you like. I hate to see you spend the extra $55 when it's really not necessary. That could be used toward another accessory, etc. The other thing you could do, if you wanted, would be to get the meter, send the meter and control box to me, and I'll put it in for you, no charge. I've got a coil to test it with. Just pay the shipping back and forth. Probably about $15 total plus the meter. Just a thought.

OldeTymer

control box should terminate with a connector from the meter... I don't think there is any soldering to do...just removing the meter...
If you decide to do it...just take your time..if it starts to get complicated for you, take a digital photo of it....(I took a cat pump apart the other day and as I did, I just took a couple of photos, had to look at them one time to get it back together...) Hope ya can get it fixed...RichardnTn

for the older 6000 DI Pro...don't know if it will work or not....

...http://eeil.easystorecreator.com/Browse_Item_Details.asp/Item_ID/141/categ_id/3/parent_ids/0,3/Name/meter_400-0048

try this site... Hope it helps Richardntn

Do you know hoe to take the detector apart?
If not send your unit to anyone of us and we will put meter in it for you.Just pay shipping round trip and may be gas change.
If you can do the work take your time and take digital of the unit.
PS did you make adjustments to this unit and if so how and why????????????.

I really appreciate the info and assistance offered, so I'm going to call Whites and order a new meter.

I beleive Steve said $45.00 + 5 or $6.00 mail cost. If I screw it up and/or get into trouble, I'll ask one of you to bail me out.

Let me ask you this, just so I can be thinking about it, will the new meter be the complete housing pod to be attached to the top of hand grip; with connection to be made inside the can, or will it be a meter to be inserted inside my present pod; with connection to be made there??

It should just be the meter. You will remove the old one from your pod, and replace it with the new one. Like RichardTN said, there should just be a ribbon connector that will unplug from the old, and plug in to the new. Once you're ready, let us know and any of us will help you through it.

OldeTymer

Check with MR BILL, and see if he would install it for less. Plus that meter may need to be calibrated to your machine to read correctly.