Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

someone here in va beach is a very bad person

the guys sailed back to the land of nada today and they all found hundreds of pennies scattered all along the area we have been hunting last few days.

that is a lowlife sucker.

I know the feeling Max, this past summer, the beach we hunted was littered with hundreds of pennies in the water. I pulled over 500 in 3 trips and the guys I hunt with also pulled several hundred. There are jealous, worthless hunters out there that DON'T hunt in the water. These pennies were only in the water and not the dry sand, we worked the dry sand and didn't find but just a couple of pennies. Hopefully this summer that won't happen again, lowlife is the appropriate name for this idiot.....HH

Maybe you can still have the last laugh. If the guy really wanted to ruin a gold hunter's day he would have tossed nickels (I really hope he doesn't read this and get an idea). Depending on what detector you use, you can ground balance the pennies out. TDIs can do this, for example. Maybe you can work around them? Gold is almost never in the penny range, whether it's a zinc penny or copper. Maybe just dig lower conductive targets? The worst I see you missing is a silver ring. You know Michael Swan and Pismo Beach. Pismo is littered with those alien pennies, you have seen his videos. When I hunt that beach I skip the high conductors altogether, just too many crusty pennies getting in the way of gold!

What a bad deal alright...:rant: That sure makes for a long worthless day...hope a big blow will come through there and take them all out for you, including the person who tossed them.
Mud

There is an unnatural amount of pennies on my beach. I am fairly sure they are breeding. :shrug: A few months ago though there was an over night explosion of clothing fasteners- buttons, zipper pulls, snaps and fragments of the same. Several hundred in scattered spots all up and down the beach. Another goof ball with a warped sense of humor.

Hey Max. Understand your frustration, but not all pennies are bad. Found this nice 1927 S at Daytona earlier this year. Not a good photo, but the penny was in good shape. Pennies are all over the place in Daytona. Some of us think people just throw them out there by the handful.

Gravedigger: This past summer I came across about 3$ of pennies from 36th st to Neptune Park, then another $3 all pennies down closer to the pier. The pennies were scattered in dry sand and wet sand. I found a watch, posted previously ( "Beach Experience (so far)" [attachment 307026 IMG_0644-Copy.JPG] that hit right on the "penny area" so I've been reluctant to discriminate out pennys. Maybe it's time to just discriminate!

PS. What's interesting is I'd find these also directly in the path taken by the beach comber. I thought these would sift up penny (or quarter) size metal but guess it doesn't....which means rings and such must also be missed by the comber.