Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Something ain't right with this 1956 Rosy

Dancer

Got this dot on it (both sides) and it just doesn't feel right. Only coin found on the hunt. Salt water beach in Panama City Beach. Any ideas ?

Attachments

• 20220218_103851.jpg
    20220218_103851.jpg
    775.3 KB · Views: 157
Well that find is "spot on!" I'm guessing a barnicle of some sort. Lucky year too ~ my 89 year old parents got married in '56..
still together and both are doing great (I'm a lucky son). The ocean treats silver in weird ways. Hoping you find some "spotless" gold coins soon!;)
MickTwin

Strange indeed. Do the dots/ holes come close to lining up with each other ?
Are they even with the rest of the surface or is there an indent on both sides?

Got this dot on it (both sides) and it just doesn't feel right. Only coin found on the hunt. Salt water beach in Panama City Beach. Any ideas
The reverse matches up as if drilled. I believe it's too clean to be a defect. What ever it's filled with (no idea) is smooth to match the surface. And was able to withstand being kicked around a salt water beach. I'll be headed home in March and have it looked at by a coinest.

Attachments

• 20220219_043756.jpg
    20220219_043756.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 115
someone was bored at the machine shop lol

Not drilled thru, maybe a glue to secure a clamp like device to make homemade earrings?