Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Something different

GazinUK

Came across this on a dealers website and instantly bought it, he only put it on his site last night so was very pleased. Was actually looking for a machine with a small coil as XP are dragging their heels making an elliptical coil for the D2. These machines are hand-built, original maker passed in 2007, this one has been somewhat modded as its shown fitted with a later coil, mix n match shafts. Supposedly all works and with 3 coils was less than half the price of a 9" D2 coil, which is the road I thought I'd have to go down.
Make is Red Heat Lightning 4, fitted with a later XD 17 coil.
Shouldn't be 2 hard to make a carbon straight shaft, ultra light with the 5" hopefully.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240126-134440_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240126-134440_Chrome.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 78
  • Screenshot_20240126-134454_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240126-134454_Chrome.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 78
I had two red heats one lightning and the xd17 too...........problem is now that Vic has gone I don't think anyone can fix them.Also,they were a bit overrated in my humble opinion.......they had a somewhat legendary status and I could never quite understand why,they were good in the iron but so were other detectors and not that deep if I remember.Some of the claims made about them been able to see through iron were quite laughable and even Vic Fiveash himself made some rather dubious videos himself to show this feat.Still capable machines in their day though.

Have to agree somewhat with all of the above, had a red box version years ago, was never sure if it was working properly, but am a little older and slower now, be nice to try and resurrect it.

100% bud,I used to like using mine....preferred the lightning over the xd17........lovely little detector to swing and it found some nice stuff.I also have a Saxon sm45 which is a really simple old tech detector hand built by Essex metal detectors........in no way is it a deep machine but the discrimination is something to behold...........good on iron infested sites and it will even perform on harbours in the salt sand........don't quite now how they did it.

Well a poor start, either some of the circuitry has fried or the coils dead, 17khz option not available, think its been stored in the damp, some corrosion visible on contacts, coil pins etc. 13khz coil seems to work ish, gonna have to open it up.

Cleaning the pins and sockets can sometimes make a big difference, especially when corrosion is finally visible. A product like Deoxit D5 makes the job pretty easy.

Well a poor start, either some of the circuitry has fried or the coils dead, 17khz option not available, think its been stored in the damp, some corrosion visible on contacts, coil pins etc. 13khz coil seems to work ish, gonna have to open it up.
Unfortunately most of those who get rid of them do so because they have an issue.Are you any further forward??

So a Dealer Sold you a Bum Steer. Doesn't seem like a Dealer I'd do business with... Did the Dealer make any attempt to make things right? Sounds like he gave you a great price but knew it was junk....
silverseeker 2

Right I'd better put a few things right, this machine has that many variables it's easy to make a mistake. After starting from scratch it now seems its user error to a degree, all coils work so there's no issue and after retesting, it found every target the Deus 2 did. It does need a service though, and as regards the dealer? I've bought all but 2 of my machines for both myself and friends from him for the last 15 years, and a returns option was offered prior to me testing further!!

Have the Red Heat XD 17 Micro and the Red Heat Tornado. Have a few coils for each, they work great,no isssues with either. Have to love guys like Vic Fervish and Paul Wilson for making good detectors amongst the big guys.

Attachments

• IMG_0427.jpeg
    IMG_0427.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0426.jpeg
    IMG_0426.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 33
One more thing I would like to say about Red Heat detectors. They were designed to pick up non ferrous targets amongst the iron on the Thames River. I have 3 4 1/2” iron square head nails and a 1916 British Shilling. I place the coin on top and then under the nails, Red Heats has no problem nailing those targets( no pun intended). My Manticore, Equinox, Deus II doesnt make a peep.
Hardy any of my 140 detectors will hit on that except for the Red Heats and my group of 100 kHz Compass detectors including the Coin Hustlers.
Think your new detectors can pick it up? Don’t forget that Compass and Red Heat are turn on and go, they don’t have 10-12 programs to play with.