Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Something different...

Bill W.

I returned to the 1860's era school for a short hunt. The only two things to mention was a sterling ring with the initials of I.A.H. and is quite small... it says Sterling then has a U with a arrow through it... ??? Any thoughts? The second was a 1853 large cent that had been made in a pendant. It was hacked down quite a bit... Thanks for looking!

-Bill

Your ring was made by the Uncas Manufacturing Company. They used two marks, first was the letter "U" with two arrows pointed toward the "U", second was the letter "U" with an arrow thru the middle. They used both marks from 1929 to 1988. Drop this link into your seach engine and pick the letter "U" at the top....hope this helps!

http://www.illusionjewels.com/costumejewelrymarksh.html

Thanks alot! The ring I found was the secone type with the arrow through the U... :)

-Bill

Can you imagine the time spent cutting out the bust of the large cent and making a neat pendant. Probably a real nice Mother's Day gift many years ago. Nice find

But it sure looks neat. Nice finds and hope they continue at that School site of yours. Good Luck and HH.

The thought did cross my mind of how long it must have taken. Since it was a school that was built around 1860. I thought it might be for a daughter and 1853 was the year she was born. I guess we'll never know... Thank for the post!

-Bill

That pendant made from the large cent is wonderful -- great find! There is an excellent site for looking up silver markings - I'll post it here when I can locate the URL again.

:rofl: It sure was crucified. I imagine whom ever made it put quite alot of time it hacking it down. The school is still standing but is abandoned. It has those square copper roofing nails close to the building. I've been trying to weed through them in hopes of older silver or a LC close to the school. Thanks for the post!

-Bill