Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Something just not right................

James/Washington

but I do not know what. I had the MMK and had no problems setting it up. I traded it off and wish I would have kept it. I had the chance to trade for the Anfibio so I did. Now, I can not get the Anfibio set up like the MMK. The problem is that I hunt in extremely trashy and newer parks. Not a chance for old coins and I am 69 with a bunch of bad body parts. Listening to all signals is a mind blowing experience and trying to pick out the good from the bad wears heavily on the mind in a very short time in the trashy parks I hunt. So I set my detectors up to detect the clad and pass up a lot of trash, I do understand that doing this will possibly miss some gold, but I accept that. I am super happy just to be able to get out and detect, which I have been doing since 1971. I leave the disc at the low factory settings but notch out signals lower than nickels and from just above nickels to zinkers. The MMK worked perfectly this way and did not loose depth, just as my other detector doesn't loose depth. However, the Anfibio looses a huge amount of depth if I notch. Depth only around 4" and cracks, not solid. I understand this if I was to set the disc high, but I do not. Notch just stops the detector from giving an audible signal within the segments selected and should not be loosing depth. I need some suggestions please.

You might try moving your notch points a few digits farther away from what you're wanting to accept. Don't know if it'll help but it's worth a try.

I want to do a str8 rod mod on mine

For the third time I have done a factory reset and so far, things are looking better. I set up the three tone mode like I wanted and took it to a trashy park. I was surprised that air tests had greatly improved and the Anfibio is now much quieter, like the MMK was. I didn't stay but 30 minutes and found 6 zinkers and I did not notch them on purpose as there are a lot of them in the ground. I will notch them out later. Anyway, things are looking up. I have no idea what the problem was before. Probably something I did. Who knows. I can say that the Anfibio was getting depth and signal sounded good. Now, the only thing is the weight of the Amfibio is really tugging at this old man's arm. I am probably going to look into getting a smaller coil to reduce the weight.

James/Texas said:
For the third time I have done a factory reset and so far, things are looking better. I set up the three tone mode like I wanted and took it to a trashy park. I was surprised that air tests had greatly improved and the Anfibio is now much quieter, like the MMK was. I didn't stay but 30 minutes and found 6 zinkers and I did not notch them on purpose as there are a lot of them in the ground. I will notch them out later. Anyway, things are looking up. I have no idea what the problem was before. Probably something I did. Who knows. I can say that the Anfibio was getting depth and signal sounded good. Now, the only thing is the weight of the Amfibio is really tugging at this old man's arm. I am probably going to look into getting a smaller coil to reduce the weight.

All in the settings, I have mentioned in the past run quiet as a mouse or noisey as a a busy NY City intersection.
Get yourself the 7" concentric.

Might be good to read about the Impact, a much overlooked source of info at various sites, you learn from it can be used in operating the Anfibio as well as the MMK
This is a good primer, this link may get removed tnsharpshooter at [size=large](EDIT NO links to other forums)[/size]

Jim,

I'm happy the machine is behaving better after a FACTORY RESET. That is only --so common-- that while fooling around in the settings, or trying out a new setting and forgetting to set it back to where you like it...one runs amuck and gets something set really wrong. This happens on a daily basis with ALL makes and models. Sometimes a FACTORY RESET just seems to clear out and "re-fresh" the machine, just as we do "re-boots" on our desktop, laptop, and mobil device (phone) computers fairly often. Now since high end, high performance machines like the Nokta Anfibio Multi are run by powerful computers, would not the same tactics of re-booting apply from time to time???

Might I suggest another approach from a different angle Jim? Instead of using notching, how about trying using one of the NICEST FEATURES EXCLUSIVE TO THE ANFIBIO MULT? What I am referring to is the --TONE VOLUME--... If you read your manual on this, it is very easy to do, even the first time! What you will have is 5 different "groupings" of VDI numbers that you can adjust the VOLUME down from the default number #5. (The range is 1-5...five being loudest) Now without weakening the machine's depth with discrimination or notching (since you infer that affects the depth as well) try using the TONE VOLUME for a test. You can easily look at the VDI numbers (first and last) for each grouping, the one showing is the one grouping that will be adjusted, and then decide which ones you wish to adjust the VOLUME --DOWN-- ON. Simply when you see the number 5, reduce it down just a number or two (remembering each number with having only 1-5 will be a large 20%...so go easy at first as you really want a chance to hear the results. Or should I say "not hear" the results! (;

I set the first grouping down to #1 (of 1 to 5) to effectively cut the sound down to --next to nothing--...TO ACT LIKE DISCRIMINATION --WITHOUT USING ANY DISCRIMINATION--!!! We all know regardless of the brand or model, that discrimination cuts the machines ability to run clean and strong will full power and depth. Simply put...the computer must now spend processing power and time, working on disregarding certain targets, instead of using its full power LOOKING FOR TARGETS!

A --very sweet- option once you get comfortable with using --tone volume--. You may Jim...want to just start with doing that as a first test step. Then you hear the iron and scrap as only a slight background sound which IMHO...is always far better than total silence. I want to know what is down there, to know the area, to know what I am up against, to know I need to scan slower if in heavy iron, to know some of the target numbers will be off a digit or two, to even (if you know you are in a good producing historic area) consider a quick coil swap from the stock 11" down to the 7" CONCENTRIC as mentioned by SVEN...or my favorite "IRON EATER"...THE 9" CONCENTRIC from Nokta/Macro. The depth will still be far more than you want to dig (26"+ on a confirmed iron target I dug with the 9" concentric). My 9" Concentric "Iron Eater" stays on 90% of the time, except for the open beach and open flat field use...then I put on the 'Big Dog" the Nokta/Macro 15" Elliptical. Bring a BIG shovel if you have the 15" on! (;

IMHO...I see no reason to go out an buy any aftermarket coils (if even ever offered) as the stock Nokta/Macro lineup is HUGE and 2nd to none. Build quality and performance tuning is spot on. May sound funny, but when the big 15" elliptical arrived, I opened the box and picked out the coil and studied what gorgeous shape and lines it truly had. Someone who had to be artistically inclined designed this coil. It is a masterpiece!

On the weight issue Jim...might I also suggest a smaller coil, then to counter-balance an already nicely balanced machine...install the EXTERNAL BATTERY PACK with the RnB Li-Ion rechargeable pack available from your dealer. These were made popular with the Garrett AT Series, and fit and work PERFECTLY in the Nokta Anfibio Multi machine. Then your battery life will be longer than you and I used to last for when we were detecting 30 years ago!!! :) Good Luck and God Bless.

PS: Please let us know Jim if you give this TONE VOLUME a try. I think you might just be pleasantly surprised with the results.

Jack Barlow said:
Jim,

I'm happy the machine is behaving better after a FACTORY RESET. That is only --so common-- that while fooling around in the settings, or trying out a new setting and forgetting to set it back to where you like it...one runs amuck and gets something set really wrong. This happens on a daily basis with ALL makes and models. Sometimes a FACTORY RESET just seems to clear out and "re-fresh" the machine, just as we do "re-boots" on our desktop, laptop, and mobil device (phone) computers fairly often. Now since high end, high performance machines like the Nokta Anfibio Multi are run by powerful computers, would not the same tactics of re-booting apply from time to time???

Might I suggest another approach from a different angle Jim? Instead of using notching, how about trying using one of the NICEST FEATURES EXCLUSIVE TO THE ANFIBIO MULT? What I am referring to is the --TONE VOLUME--... If you read your manual on this, it is very easy to do, even the first time! What you will have is 5 different "groupings" of VDI numbers that you can adjust the VOLUME down from the default number #5. (The range is 1-5...five being loudest) Now without weakening the machine's depth with discrimination or notching (since you infer that affects the depth as well) try using the TONE VOLUME for a test. You can easily look at the VDI numbers (first and last) for each grouping, the one showing is the one grouping that will be adjusted, and then decide which ones you wish to adjust the VOLUME --DOWN-- ON. Simply when you see the number 5, reduce it down just a number or two (remembering each number with having only 1-5 will be a large 20%...so go easy at first as you really want a chance to hear the results. Or should I say "not hear" the results! (;

I set the first grouping down to #1 (of 1 to 5) to effectively cut the sound down to --next to nothing--...TO ACT LIKE DISCRIMINATION --WITHOUT USING ANY DISCRIMINATION--!!! We all know regardless of the brand or model, that discrimination cuts the machines ability to run clean and strong will full power and depth. Simply put...the computer must now spend processing power and time, working on disregarding certain targets, instead of using its full power LOOKING FOR TARGETS!

A --very sweet- option once you get comfortable with using --tone volume--. You may Jim...want to just start with doing that as a first test step. Then you hear the iron and scrap as only a slight background sound which IMHO...is always far better than total silence. I want to know what is down there, to know the area, to know what I am up against, to know I need to scan slower if in heavy iron, to know some of the target numbers will be off a digit or two, to even (if you know you are in a good producing historic area) consider a quick coil swap from the stock 11" down to the 7" CONCENTRIC as mentioned by SVEN...or my favorite "IRON EATER"...THE 9" CONCENTRIC from Nokta/Macro. The depth will still be far more than you want to dig (26"+ on a confirmed iron target I dug with the 9" concentric). My 9" Concentric "Iron Eater" stays on 90% of the time, except for the open beach and open flat field use...then I put on the 'Big Dog" the Nokta/Macro 15" Elliptical. Bring a BIG shovel if you have the 15" on! (;

IMHO...I see no reason to go out an buy any aftermarket coils (if even ever offered) as the stock Nokta/Macro lineup is HUGE and 2nd to none. Build quality and performance tuning is spot on. May sound funny, but when the big 15" elliptical arrived, I opened the box and picked out the coil and studied what gorgeous shape and lines it truly had. Someone who had to be artistically inclined designed this coil. It is a masterpiece!

On the weight issue Jim...might I also suggest a smaller coil, then to counter-balance an already nicely balanced machine...install the EXTERNAL BATTERY PACK with the RnB Li-Ion rechargeable pack available from your dealer. These were made popular with the Garrett AT Series, and fit and work PERFECTLY in the Nokta Anfibio Multi machine. Then your battery life will be longer than you and I used to last for when we were detecting 30 years ago!!! :) Good Luck and God Bless.

PS: Please let us know Jim if you give this TONE VOLUME a try. I think you might just be pleasantly surprised with the results.
Thanks, Jack Barlow. I was actually working on this exact setup this morning, before I came to the forum. I have some tweaking to do but I think I may have something worked out using the tone v setting. I will have to make a field trip to see how it works in my trashy parks and I am sure I will need to do some tweaking. But, I do think I can make this work. Thanks again.

JB posted: "I set the first grouping down to #1 (of 1 to 5) to effectively cut the sound down to --next to nothing--...TO ACT LIKE DISCRIMINATION --WITHOUT USING ANY DISCRIMINATION--!!! "

Thanks in advance for your patience JB . Just the learning curve thing. Your suggestion sounds good but I am left wondering why even have the Mode Settings (eg 2 to 5) under "Mode" ?

thank you

James/Texas,

Been using the Multi Kruzer for the last year. Weight is nice on this unit. I debated on the issue of buying the Anfibio due to the weight factor. One of my friends had an Anfibio for sale. So I got lucky & got to examine it first hand before spending any cash. The Anfibio was setup with the 7” coil when I tried it out. The Anfibio felt balanced & weight was not bad... Needless to say I bought the Anfibio. The other deciding factor was the tone volume that the Anfibio offered.

61 years old myself & do not like the heavier weight machines anymore. Andibio with the 7” coil seems ideal.