Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Something shiny can make the difference...

zeekeys

between a good hunt turning into a better hunt. Again looking for surface coins but not much there. The tents were still up and the guys were taking them down. We got inside the tents and still nothing on the surface. A quarter and 2 pennies on the surface. The rest were down 3+ inches. The ring is 925 and the bracelet is stainless steel China. I like them both. Asked 3 people that stopped by and asked how I was doing. I asked how many coins did they have in their pockets? I am batting 100% so far NONE!!! Thanks for looking.....Z

Thanks Jim you sure are digging those silvers this year. Good detecting. The ring was there for some time because it was down about 3"-4" and the bracelet was just under the grass. Maybe fireworks mob? The ring gave me an 80 signal and the bracelet gave me 29-30 almost nickle numbers. Almost walked by but don't see too many 28-29 signals so just had to dig? .....Z

Thanks SL52. I like to find lots and lots of coins. If silver/gold shows up that is better. Only out for fun. My old friend and hunting partner hunt 70 days or more every summer for almost a decade. Some hunts are about talking to any one that will sit around and listen to two old retired guys gab and laugh a lot. We are on our wind down and enjoying it and would not trade a day of our hunting for a million bucks. We go home tired knowing that some how we did commune with nature in such a personal way that it can not be explained, just experienced. What else does one need? Thanks for stopping by SL52.......Z

Thanks Brian and gadzooks you are burning up the hills with that Racer. Great work and mighty fine detecting.......Z

Congrats on the silver.
Nice to see someone catching those rings.

Thank you for your service to this Forum on your hunting/advice/motivation as well as that informal poll you are doing....it is very interesting to see what you find and the adventures you have...! :beers:
Mud

Wulf it was a quarter reading so I dug it. No magic. I would like to say good detecting on my part but the F70 finds stuff and says dig this stupid or I'll never give you another quarter! So I dig it and wallah a ring. Surprises the heck out of me. It is just goofy luck.

Mud this poll (Do you have any coins in your pocket?) is kind of getting to me. I have asked maybe 20 people this year and the answer is always the same. NONE!! I am thinking of changing my hunting protocol? To what, not sure yet? All I know is I went to Sears and got another screwdriver because my point had a point and not an edge. This is number 3 new one for nothing. I have a 9" screwdriver that I am going to experiment with for 4" or maybe even 5" digs starting today? Let you know and thanks for kind words.......Z

Yeah, that sounds like a plan...I recently started hunting deeper targets in places I've flailed to hell before, jacking up the sens and trying some other settings etc...focusing on masked multidenom spills etc...remarkably a guy has not really missed too much..the demographics have changed very fast on us claddies/jewelry hunters...most of the decent 'lost' gold items posted on my local CL are in parking lots or bathrooms..so I also gotta figure this out..let us know...
Mud.

Funny how those quarter readings bring up good things.
And I am becoming a true believer in the 6.5 coil. It sounds off on the goods and peeks around the fences so well. It has become my go totcoil for older parks. It ID well and makes a good probing coil when paired with the long lower shaft.

Cashless society? Seems we are heading there/may already be there.In my own case I use my AX or Visa for any purchase I make--mainly because I get points that I use at Amazon. Most clerks today can barely count change,they certainly can't do the simplist math in their heads so it's easier to do the plastic.AND the biggest thing is to have your cards on auto draft and NEVER carry over a balance. Good huntin'.

Mud I tried the 9" screwdriver today and it just slowed me up on retrieval. I lost the coin in the hole and most of the time the coin ended up standing up in the bottom of of the hole. It did do a nice job on prying up the coin. I don't want to take the time to practice. I would rather get down and pop that coin out and on my way again to the next coin. On Friday I found a 13 quarter coin spill. That was a nice surprise. Today picked up 6 quarters, 3 dimes, 1 nickle and 12 pennies. Walked it seemed like miles, was tuckered out when I got home. Took a nap.
Wulf I even hunt ball and soccer fields with the 6.5". Like you say you can slide in close to those poles and pick up some nice missed coins. It is so light I can be out detecting hours longer.

Doc h even at banks I find clerks that can't count. It could be that there isn't much you can buy that is less than a dollar. So why carry coins? Doc me and Amazon are very good friends.
Thanks for stopping by and Happy Trails....Z