Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Something that might be of interest for water hunters.

ZOFCHAK

*** To the moderators. My apologies if I am breaking any rules by posting it here. I hoped it would be ok since it's not something that is really meant for detectorists.

A few weeks ago I stumbled upon a Youtube video of a couple of free divers who were using one of these while looking for lobster. They had a few bugs, but the float really caught my attention. It's called a Banks Board and is kind of a cross between a sit on top kayak and a body board. I guess they are designed for holding spear guns and the days catch, but honestly the first thing I thought of was metal detecting .

I ordered one the next morning and have had it out twice now and I have to say it's totally awesome! I have used it to hold my scoop and detector while I was not using them along with my phone and keys (In a dry box), a bottle of water, sunscreen, a couple net finds bags and I'm sure they could hold a lot more. It pulls through the water nicely and the only thing I've added so far was a drag weight to keep it from bumping me in the back and a short length of cord and a belt loop to drag it with. Next trip I plan on taking along my plastic classifier and Pro Pointer for those annoying bb's ans 22 rounds. The manufacturer says they have over 100lbs of buoyancy, so I guess they would make a decent emergency aid if one found themselves in trouble as well.
I have not had a chance to dive with it yet, but I expect I'll be retiring my regular dive float and will be using this next season. That way I'll have a place for bottles, anchors and all those other large items that I normally have to mark and comeback to.

Here's a couple pictures of it (Sorry about the picture quality, I took the last one with my camera phones and for some reason I could not shrink it)

That is a very neat set up for us...thanks..i've had to leave the heavys behind more than once myself, and like you said would be perfect for all the extra gear that comes in handy, like a thermos full of coffee. I have to swim across a channel to get to one of my spots, and buddy, its tough trying to swim with a detector and scoop, let alone keep from getting runt over!
Mud

Nice one! I would love one of those, I'm going to check them out for sure, perfect for work close to the shore, thanks mate

Nice!