Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Something to Ponder upon

oldkoot

As a lot of you know I have two Legends, my initial first Legend was 1.04 when I received it, it was one of the first Legends to hit the U.S shores in the very first shipment to arrive in the U.S, my second Legend was 1.05 and I purchased it to try to teach my wife how to metal detect, but she has been unable to grasp metal detecting even though when I first started she would detect with me using a AT Pro and she actually became pretty good at finding things when we would go out and detect, but now with her having severe Dementia all she can do is pretty much sit and kind of watch me detect, this post is not about my wife and her medical issues, but just a little background building up to what those with a earlier Legend needs to ponder upon.

My first Legend, I use and used as a tester unit prior to installing any of the updates in my second Legend unit, again my first Legend was a 1.04 version and the second one was a 1.05 version, my 1.04 version Legend I used to test all three of the Beta Test versions, my second legend I had updated all the way to 1.09 and tested and compared all the Beta test versions to the 1.09 Beta test version 2 was the only Beta test version I had seen problems with initially beta test versions 1 and three I seen no issues at all in my Legend that I ran the Beta test on, The Beta test version 3 that particular Legend ran better than ever on, so when 1.11 was released I installed it on my Legend that I had done all the testing with and compared it again to my Legend that had 1.09 installed on it, (Something Was Off) with my test Legend it was no where close to the same as what I was seeing in Beta test version 3, tones sounded like crap, depth was no where close to my Legend that was running 1.09 and when I state the depth was off I am not talking a little bit it was way off, target IDs were all over the place with my test Legend, I also could not use the LG24 coil on my test Legend because it was so unstable, it was a little better with the stock coil but still not correct on that particular Legend, I ended up reverting that test Legend back to 1.09, and everything seemed to be back to normal tones were clean TIDs were more stable and and I was able to use the LG24 coil on that Legend now as well as the stock coil, so I have had my test Legend running 1.09 for a while now, my second Legend which was 1.05 and updated to 1.09 I decided to do yet another test using my second Legend as the test unit I updated it to 1.11 and everything ran fine with that particular Legend, (I thought what the Hell) LOL I was able to run the LG24 coil and every coil I have for the Legend ran great, TIDs were stable, tones sounded completely normal depth was great everything was greeat with that particular Legend running 1.11, my thoughts were I will just run one Legend with 1.11 and one with 1.09, after all 1.09 has just a few less features than 1.11 so I ran with that for a bit, (But inquisitive minds want to know)and are never settled until all things are checked and checked again LOL

here is what I found
Out of curiosity I went to the Nokta site to see if they had an updated download for the 1.11 and updated updater tool, in all appearances nothing had changed but I went ahead and re downloaded the software 1.11 again, here is where I discovered that the download I had on my PC was a smaller file than the files I had just downloaded, not by much but they software packet that I had just downloaded was a larger packet, so I Extracted the files from the newly downloaded software, when I do this I put them on my desk top so I do not have to search my files for them, so when I attempted to put the new updater tool on my Desk top a pop up came up and said the files already exist do I want to replace I clicked replace and let it do it thing, even though the updater tool that was already on my PC was the same v1-8-win and the new download is v1-8-win something is different I do not know if the previous download glitched and missed some of the files or if Nokta changed something in the updater tool or what, with the new download being a larger file I decided to once again install the 1.11 on my Legend that would previously not run correctly while running 1.11, all I will say is (What A Huge Difference) that legend now seems to run like what I was seeing in 1.10 Beta test version 3 tones sound clean and clear,TIDs are stable and the depth is back to what I was seeing in Beta test version 3, also the stability now seems better than ever, I also re installed the 1.11 on my second Legend even though it seemed to work ok I felt because of the Larger file packet it would be best to re install the 1.11 just to make sure

the point of this thread is to make any one that is having similar issues with lost depth, unstable target IDs, tones just not sounding quite rite, and other issues you may want to delete the files that are currently on your PC and re download and re install the 1.11 just to see if it helps because it did on both my Legends

As a lot of you know I have two Legends, my initial first Legend was 1.04 when I received it, it was one of the first Legends to hit the U.S shores in the very first shipment to arrive in the U.S, my second Legend was 1.05 and I purchased it to try to teach my wife how to metal detect, but she has been unable to grasp metal detecting even though when I first started she would detect with me using a AT Pro and she actually became pretty good at finding things when we would go out and detect, but now with her having severe Dementia all she can do is pretty much sit and kind of watch me detect, this post is not about my wife and her medical issues, but just a little background building up to what those with a earlier Legend needs to ponder upon.

My first Legend, I use and used as a tester unit prior to installing any of the updates in my second Legend unit, again my first Legend was a 1.04 version and the second one was a 1.05 version, my 1.04 version Legend I used to test all three of the Beta Test versions, my second legend I had updated all the way to 1.09 and tested and compared all the Beta test versions to the 1.09 Beta test version 2 was the only Beta test version I had seen problems with initially beta test versions 1 and three I seen no issues at all in my Legend that I ran the Beta test on, The Beta test version 3 that particular Legend ran better than ever on, so when 1.11 was released I installed it on my Legend that I had done all the testing with and compared it again to my Legend that had 1.09 installed on it, (Something Was Off) with my test Legend it was no where close to the same as what I was seeing in Beta test version 3, tones sounded like crap, depth was no where close to my Legend that was running 1.09 and when I state the depth was off I am not talking a little bit it was way off, target IDs were all over the place with my test Legend, I also could not use the LG24 coil on my test Legend because it was so unstable, it was a little better with the stock coil but still not correct on that particular Legend, I ended up reverting that test Legend back to 1.09, and everything seemed to be back to normal tones were clean TIDs were more stable and and I was able to use the LG24 coil on that Legend now as well as the stock coil, so I have had my test Legend running 1.09 for a while now, my second Legend which was 1.05 and updated to 1.09 I decided to do yet another test using my second Legend as the test unit I updated it to 1.11 and everything ran fine with that particular Legend, (I thought what the Hell) LOL I was able to run the LG24 coil and every coil I have for the Legend ran great, TIDs were stable, tones sounded completely normal depth was great everything was greeat with that particular Legend running 1.11, my thoughts were I will just run one Legend with 1.11 and one with 1.09, after all 1.09 has just a few less features than 1.11 so I ran with that for a bit, (But inquisitive minds want to know)and are never settled until all things are checked and checked again LOL

here is what I found
Out of curiosity I went to the Nokta site to see if they had an updated download for the 1.11 and updated updater tool, in all appearances nothing had changed but I went ahead and re downloaded the software 1.11 again, here is where I discovered that the download I had on my PC was a smaller file than the files I had just downloaded, not by much but they software packet that I had just downloaded was a larger packet, so I Extracted the files from the newly downloaded software, when I do this I put them on my desk top so I do not have to search my files for them, so when I attempted to put the new updater tool on my Desk top a pop up came up and said the files already exist do I want to replace I clicked replace and let it do it thing, even though the updater tool that was already on my PC was the same v1-8-win and the new download is v1-8-win something is different I do not know if the previous download glitched and missed some of the files or if Nokta changed something in the updater tool or what, with the new download being a larger file I decided to once again install the 1.11 on my Legend that would previously not run correctly while running 1.11, all I will say is (What A Huge Difference) that legend now seems to run like what I was seeing in 1.10 Beta test version 3 tones sound clean and clear,TIDs are stable and the depth is back to what I was seeing in Beta test version 3, also the stability now seems better than ever, I also re installed the 1.11 on my second Legend even though it seemed to work ok I felt because of the Larger file packet it would be best to re install the 1.11 just to make sure

the point of this thread is to make any one that is having similar issues with lost depth, unstable target IDs, tones just not sounding quite rite, and other issues you may want to delete the files that are currently on your PC and re download and re install the 1.11 just to see if it helps because it did on both my Legends
Thanks ollkoot.
I haven't had enough time with mine to know any difference.

Thanks ollkoot.
I haven't had enough time with mine to know any difference.
Terry when I assisted you in updating to 1.11 the updater tool is the same one I had on my PC so I would think yours is a smaller file packet also but I am really not sure, that was the other thing when I downloaded the new one just a few days ago when that pop up came up it asked if I wanted to replace the files that were already on my PC, but there was also another box that ask if I wanted to compare the files that I was replacing, which I told it to compare the two that is the only way I knew it was a larger set of files than what I had on my PC previously, it was kind of strange because it never has ever gave me the option to compare files or replace files before

Also adding to this anyone that elects to do as I have done (DO NOT FORGET TO PERFORM A FACTORY DEFAULT RESET)

Terry when I assisted you in updating to 1.11 the updater tool is the same one I had on my PC so I would think yours is a smaller file packet also but I am really not sure, that was the other thing when I downloaded the new one just a few days ago when that pop up came up it asked if I wanted to replace the files that were already on my PC, but there was also another box that ask if I wanted to compare the files that I was replacing, which I told it to compare the two that is the only way I knew it was a larger set of files than what I had on my PC previously, it was kind of strange because it never has ever gave me the option to compare files or replace files before

Also adding to this anyone that elects to do as I have done (DO NOT FORGET TO PERFORM A FACTORY DEFAULT RESET)
Do I do the reset before and after ?
Your probably gonna have to talk me thru it again.😁

Okay I did the 01.11 update but how do you PERFORM A FACTORY DEFAULT RESET? Is this a simple 2 or 3 steps or a long list of steps? Or where can I find it with out calling tech support?

Okay I did the 01.11 update but how do you PERFORM A FACTORY DEFAULT RESET? Is this a simple 2 or 3 steps or a long list of steps? Or where can I find it with out calling tech support?

LOL
to do a factory default reset while the Legend is powered up click the power button one time that opens up the menus with the right arrow move over to the little man now hold the pin point reject button down (bottom center button), keep holding down you will see some lines start going around the screen keep holding pin point reject button until you see (FD) appear in the screen of your Legend WaLa you have now performed a factory default reset LOL

Thank you oldkoot!!
do you not have a curent Legend Manual the ability to perform a factory default reset was added when 1.08 came out but 1.08 had issues so Nokta/macro quickly replaced 1.08 with 1.09, if the manual you are using is from a earlier version Legend like say 1.04,1.05 or 1.07 instructions were not in any of the manuals for those versions because the ability to do a factory default reset was not a feature yet, I would go to Nokta's site and download and print out the new current manual instructions are on page 25 in the current manual I believe

here is the current Manual you can click on download and save it to your PC or you can print it out I would do both

The Legend User Manual (EN) - Software V1.11ViewDownload

I agree with You in believing there is a difference in the earliest models to hit the U.S. and later models
The legend I have was one of the first in shipment to the U.S.
Had a Cousin who bought Her legend about a year later and after We both had updated to the latest update (11) Her machine was hitting objects with stronger tones at deeper depths than mine..
I have since reinstalled the 11 update but haven’t had a chance to check against Her legend since updating…

I agree with You in believing there is a difference in the earliest models to hit the U.S. and later models
The legend I have was one of the first in shipment to the U.S.
Had a Cousin who bought Her legend about a year later and after We both had updated to the latest update (11) Her machine was hitting objects with stronger tones at deeper depths than mine..
I have since reinstalled the 11 update but haven’t had a chance to check against Her legend since updating…
Can you keep us updated on what you see after updating or reinstalling 1.11, there are just to many reports from some Legend users to make the issues user error which is what you get from those that frequent the Legend Facebook groups, I am sorry but it is not always user error like those that have had no issues believe, but that is all those that have had no issues think and believe.

I can tell you what I was experiencing was not user error, how can it be user error when you have two Legends set up with the same firmware or software and both running 1.11 and one hitting targets and the other not, it was like I was running two completely different detectors even though I had all the same settings in both just to test

I can tell you what I was experiencing was not user error, how can it be user error when you have two Legends set up with the same firmware or software and both running 1.11 and one hitting targets and the other not, it was like I was running two completely different detectors even though I had all the same settings in both just to test
And its not only the Legend that can identify with what you state oldkoot. I have a Nox 900 and many with this detector state how emi affects it, is chattery and bouncing around I d's, and so on. I'm experiencing little or none of this, nor is my hunting buddy, in fact, with his, but others are. HH jim tn

And its not only the Legend that can identify with what you state oldkoot. I have a Nox 900 and many with this detector state how emi affects it, is chattery and bouncing around I d's, and so on. I'm experiencing little or none of this, nor is my hunting buddy, in fact, with his, but others are. HH jim tn
I agree with you but I did not want to bring the nox into this post because it is in the Legend section
I have been talking to several people that has said the Nox 900 and 700 has severe EMI issues and jumpy TIDs and I have also talked to several on the other side of the coin that says they are having no issues, just like the Legend

it really makes no since what so ever how two detectors of the same model can be so different, which Is what I am experiencing having two Legends to work with, one runs great the other runs like crap and both have the same 1.11, same settings,same everything I can literally swing over a target in my test bed that I know what the depth is because I am the one that buried the targets at various depths the deepest being a clad quarter at 10 inches measured when buried, and trust me in my ground they have not sunk at all but one of my Legends gives a great solid tone and a great solid 50-51 on the TIDs and would hit that quarter at probably another 2-4 inches, that is how loud the tone is with one of my Legends, the Legend I am having issues with will not no matter what I attempt will not hit that target it just will not hit that quarter at that depth but when I revert to 1.09 on that Legend it will hit that target, so if you can explain this to me I would appreciate it an most likely several other Legend users would also appreciate it as well

One thing that has coorrected on my Legend I have been having issues with is I can now at least run that Legend with the LG24 coil, prior to re downloading this fresh 1.11 update and re installing it on my problem child Legend the LG24 coil would not work on that particular Legend while running 1.11 I had to revert it back to 1.09 before this fresh re install to get the LG24 coil to work, that is another head scratch-er for you, it now does work since the fresh download and fresh re install of 1.11

Nokta needs to do something to remedy this, again there is just to many people that own Legends that since updating to 1.11 has lost depth,and now has severe stability issues among other issues

Last edited:
Honestly I am tempted to purchase one of the new Legends coming from the factory with 1.11 and the LG30 coil just to see if there is any differences between the old and the new.

Any dealers out there want to give me a deal on one of the newly updated Legends so I can do some testing and comparing LOL