Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Something you may need to do to your T2

I hunt bad areas..I get dirty and muddy..one thing I have noticed is that dirt/mud is getting on my "trigger". This concerns me..I mentioned it to a friend and he is going to cover the entire switch up to the handle with shrink tubing..this can be cut away if I need to work on the switch..also Jeff mentioned to me to check to see if there is thread lock on the nut that holds the trigger in place...if yours does not have thread lock on it the nut will loosen and you may loose it..and of course that would happen at a "bad" time...a tube of thread lock costs a couple of bucks and can save you the cost of blood pressure medician.

Just my thoughts
Remember I hunt relics only so anything I say really concerns Relic hunting..I would rather find a $10 capbadge than a $300 ring..but this beast ( I call it a beanstock) will do both.

Dean

How about a doll-size baby-bottle nipple? Do they even make such things anymore?

Heat shrink might work, but it's kinda stiff. Maybe the easiest and best answer is a short piece of tubing that fits tightly over the threads, long enough to go past the tip of the shaft. If you warm it with a match before installing it, it'll soften to go past the nut and that may be enough to hold it. Thin Rubber automotive vacuum line, clear poly, either might work fine. You might have to hold it on with something more permanent, c-clip, wire, adhesive... I leave those choices up to you! :)

Actually, the switch is double-nutted internally. Since I'm a fearless kinda guy who's been around wiring a long while, I removed the switch and put the double nuts on the outside of the case.

-Ed

Hell you are way ahead of me!!! lol..I was trying to help.

Dean