Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sometimes you do not need to go deep.

I found this beat up 1840 Large Cent today in the middle of a busy path. It was only 2 inches deep. The VDI was locked on 85, which is usually a Large Cent or a silver quarter. It has been quite a while since digging a Large Cent, and this is only my second Braided Hair type ever.

Those are cool... there are so many different variations. I found my oldest silver coin at under 2" of depth. You just never know.

Really Nice find!

Nice find got to love it when a large cent come out of the ground not a quarter . :twodetecting::whites::beers:

I've found three in the past 4 years hunting in New Jersey myself. The oldest being 1832 (I believe). They are all in poor condition, but I was thrilled to find them. They are worhtless to collectors but are treasures to all us detectorists personally.
I like to think back to what was going on historically at the time some of these old finds were minted. To think both Neil's and mine where around the time of the battle at The Alamo. HH

hank1 said:
I've found three in the past 4 years hunting in New Jersey myself. The oldest being 1832 (I believe). They are all in poor condition, but I was thrilled to find them. They are worhtless to collectors but are treasures to all us detectorists personally.
I like to think back to what was going on historically at the time some of these old finds were minted. To think both Neil's and mine where around the time of the battle at The Alamo. HH

But over 1000 miles away!

Not all will be in poor condition. I have found a few peaches as you can see by the photos:

1801Oa.jpg

1836o.jpg

2009_04160014c.JPG

you just never know , depth can be a funny thing, never over look the trail to where your going, easy finds like that are great, it just proves you never know where the next goodie is hiding.