Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

sore arm

You ain't kiddin John! This is one case a longer shaft isn't good!:crazy: No steels toes or metal shoe eyelets either!

A shorter shaft does shift the weight and help but tough to get used to and to me limits your swing...Try this.....loosen your coil and let it sort of ride over the ground, of course not applicable in all areas but does work in basically level grassy areas. Coil cover is a must as may cause wear on the coil if not used...as coil is scrubbed on the ground....

Dan-Pa. said:
A shorter shaft does shift the weight and help but tough to get used to and to me limits your swing...Try this.....loosen your coil and let it sort of ride over the ground, of course not applicable in all areas but does work in basically level grassy areas. Coil cover is a must as may cause wear on the coil if not used...as coil is scrubbed on the ground....

I love the x-8 for the reason you can "hang it out there". I've found the stock coil is really good for sliding through the grass,where possible. Just a bit of snow on the ground really makes it nice...as long as the ground isn't frozen of course. But as always,whatever works for you and your arm.

Ask Yourself These Three Questions : 1). Why restrict yourself with the length of swing ? 2). Why restrict yourself with the size and weight of any coil ? 3). How can I stop getting a sore arm - elbow -and shoulder ?

The answer is : The " Minelab Pro Swing 45 Harness" try it ..... get use to it.......see how easy it is to swing any weight detector with any size coil ...... you will never hunt without it !!!! I know I sound like a commercial, but I got one of these and after making the proper adjustments to fit me I can run all day long and then some without the slightest discomforts associated with detecting. I hope this advice helps someone, as it sure did me !! Happy Hunting.

To each his own but: these harnesses rigs etc. switch the weight from the small arm muscles to the large back muscles...A sore arm is one thing but a sore back can put you in a wheel chair...what say you.....

Dan-Pa. said:
To each his own but: these harnesses rigs etc. switch the weight from the small arm muscles to the large back muscles...A sore arm is one thing but a sore back can put you in a wheel chair...what say you.....
Well some of the "harness rigs" might do that and I have tried some that just pull on your shoulder and upper back. But unless you have personally used the Pro swing 45 harness and adjusted that special rod properly , that is the beauty of no back pain or sore arms. Its not just a plain bungee cord pulling on you as it carries all the weight evenly on your body, like a quality light weight back pack. I guess if a person can't handle that......well there might be greater physical problems. It sure has made my day go smooth by using the Pro 45.

129 for a harness is expensive but if you are in pain it's well worth it I guess. I made my own out of a duffle bag strap and a bungee cord and it works out great.

Wear a flexible elbow brace to avoid full extension of your elbow at the end of your swings. Second, practice swiveling your body at the waist with each swing to take the stress off of your arm. These help for me.