Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sorry, but here we go again

MaD_Wayne

Another relative newbie, looking for recommendations

The wife and I have been MD-ing dang near every evening for the last month or so, and LOVE it.

Problem: we started with and older Radio Shack (BountyHunter) 3300. Now, we would like to get a little more serious and move to a better machine that we should be able to stick with for some time.

Our stomping grounds here in NE Wisconsin are old abandoned farmsteads (circa 1860's), public parks from old and seldom used to new and heavily used i.e. festivals, etc. (could get rich cashing PT's in for scrap!) schoolgrounds, and freshwater beaches. Some limited access areas will have European history going back to the mid 1600's. Obviously we're looking for older, deep coins and jewelry. Not much into 'relics'.

I think I've narrowed it down to either Fishers CZ-3D or Minelabs X-Terra 70. I like the multi-freq aspects of both, but would like to challenge y'all to convince me one way or the other (or on to something else!)

BTW - I'm a 'retired' electrical engineer, so the technoid stuff is not an issue.

Wayne

You can add the M6 to your list of good coin hunters
I have the M6 and it is a beast on coins.
My deeeepest coin 11 inch.I love the XL PRO but I now know the M6 will go much deeeeeper or at least on finding coins.

Wayne,

Get a hold of Mike Scott at Outdoor Outfitters, they have a banner at the top of the Fisher forum. He should be familiar with the ground conditions in your area and able to recommmend a short list of machines to choose from.

Tom