Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sort of Bummed Out!

Tim-PY

[size=medium]My Ace 250 Sports pack arrived today. I am sure it was brand new etc. When I took out the standard 9" coil it was either burned or something on the bottom in a 3-4" area on the outer coil below where the wire lead goes in has a rough texture like some chemical may have burned it or something??? I wasn't home for an hour and called the dealer who called the distributer who seemed defensive stating it is a new machine. I don't question the machine but something is wrong with the coil for sure. I looked at the bottom of the 12" coil that came with this pack and it is shiny new everywhere on the bottom as it should be. I noted the dealer had ordered in a standard Ace 250 so asked him if he would look at the bottom of that coil and it too was perfect and glossy as it should be. He suggested to call Garrett customer service tomorrow as they closed shortly after I was home. I hope they will replace the coil as I sure wouldn't want bigger problems if it gets wet! The dealer was nice about it and was surprised that the distributer was so defensive. For those interested I will post here and on the Garrett forum the results from customer service. Either way it will be a Romans 8:28 situation but wil surely share the results! [/size]

I'm sorry to hear about this problem..hope it gets solved ASAP

Man, thats no good, yea call them up, that not right...

I bought a Garrett GTA1000 Ultra used. The coil was bad and when I contacted Garrett they said to send it to them. I told them I had bought it used at a garage sale and wasn't the original owner. They sent a brand new coil back. All I had to spend was money to ship it to them. Now this was used not brand new as yours is. I sent the whole detector in for certain repairs and they contacted me and wanted to know if I wanted to have a whole list of things done for free. When I had added it up it was worth more than what I had paid for. If you tell Garrett, I'm sure they will deal with the distributor. Relax it's taken care of.

The people over at Garrett are very good about these things. I don't even own one, but I know they are good people. Let us know how it goes.

[size=medium]Sounds like a good customer support, appreciate everyone sharing, I will call them shortly. Thank you, Tim[/size]

[size=medium]Wow, Great customer support! Just hung up from Garrett and they are sending me out a new coil right away. Very friendly and polite and expressed concern about the regional distributer who wasn't very friendly. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Garrett! :thumbup::thumbup: (Two thumbs up!), Way to go Garrett :garrett:!!![/size]

I also have a Garret that I use as a back -up.The Garret people are wonderful to do business with.
I'm so glad that your problem is resolved ...Thank God for His Goodness.

all the years I have used Garrett detectors I have never had a problem with their customer service..In fact I always got the best treatment and satisfaction. I would let them know about the distributor and his attitude. If they never hear complaints they figure their distributors are doing them right.

Just my opinion.

[size=medium]Hi Pete, Thank you for the reply here. Actually when I spoke directly to Garrett they asked who the distributer was that mishandled the situation according to their standards. So I am confident they are taking care of it. I am very happy with the way the "main" office handled things! Tim[/size]