Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sound signal Amplifier

w6pea

Has any one had any experence using a sound signal Amplifier from Doc's Place in Nevada?

Good bad or indifferent?

I got one of these from Doc for i believe it was $85 as the first one I got was a Koss for around $30 that was not worth it and didn't work good at all, but the second one made for nugget hunting worked great and takes a 9 volt battery for it to work. I use mine on my Explorer until I found a set of headphones that gave me enough volume. On the Sovereign I do not use it as the Timberwolf headphones give me all the volume I need to hear the deep ones and I am considered deaf in many higher tones.
Now I don't use mine anymore as the Timberwolf have the best volume on the Sovereign while the Troy Pros have the best on my Explorer.If I was to use any other headphones then I would have to use the amp again.

I have a set of Grey Ghost headphones they seem to work well but was thinking about getting one of these from my mine lab dealer here in San Diego. And he gets stuff from Doc's place for me and doesn't charge me shipping, and seems to be a little less than Doc's place or the same price even with Ca. Sales tax.:clap:

If you are having trouble hearing the signals because you are hard of hearing I think these will work good. These are just amplifiers to make the volume louder, not to make just the weak signals louder if it is the one I think it is.

My Grey Ghost seem to give me enough volume, I have been told that my hearing is very bad, due to working around heavy equipment all of my life I think it's really from listening to loud Rock and Roll music, the Doors, Jimmy Hendrix, Cream, Greatful Dead, etc. etc. but I guess I can also claim working around heavy equipment. My wife says I have selective hearing. What ever that means?:unsure: