Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

sounds of the Sovereign

Richard-N-FL

Hi,

I was wondering which mode do most of you prefer to use while hunting. Fixed audio or Variable audio? I ask because I was listening to some coins I purchased just so I can see what they sound like. they were a 3 cent nickel and 3 cent silver. Very tiny and very different sounds. The thing is neither sound like silver or even give a high pitch. If I heard the sounds in the field I would have passed them thinking they were trash. i was wondering if fixed audio would give me a nice solid tone no matter the type of coin, but trash would sound broken or different. any input would help.

Thanks

Richard (FL)

You must have a XS2a or the Elite as these are the only 2 Sovereigns that have this on them i believe. I never used the fixed audio as i felt it defeated the purpose of the Sovereign for land hunting, but for beach hunting where you want to dig everything but iron it may be OK. Many coins like the 3 cent pieces like you tried the same with gold rings and the fatty IH pennies will read like pull tabs normally read as, so in order to get them you will have to dig trash too. With the single tone I can only see digging more trash as you have to dig everything where with the tones you can hear a good target in with a piece of trash. That's my opinion any way.

Richard you can try raising your disc up to just below where those coins come in at and then dig all good repeatable signals but remember those coins are rare ones indeed so you have to ask yourself if you want to invest the time. Rick is correct and also a meter would probably help you alot, the sov IDs really well, just see where those coins hit and when you get those lower tones you will know what to look for.

Neil