Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

SOURCE FOR ROD CAMLOCKS FOR 4500?

flyntgr

All GPXs have cam locks which twist to tighten the two rods to one another, in addition to the spring-ball which protrudes through the hole in the upper rod. MINE has broken, at least the threaded half of the cam lock which attaches to the upper rod has broken.
Is there ANY reasonable source who can sell me one or 2 (one for spare) for my GPX? I need one asap, as I am at Best Western in Culpeper, VA, doing some relic hunting with friends. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Okay, I guess that means I need a new machine to replace the $2 cost of a camlock. Thanks, Minelab, for your kind support.

Already did that big guy. Dealers don't have them. No answer from Minelab. Any other suggestions?

I would not expect a dealer to have any because the part almost never fails. The job of a GOOD dealer is to contact Minelab and sort the issue out for you. Any dealer who takes your money and then provides no after sale support does not deserve to be a dealer in my opinion.

Generally you don't call General Motors when you need a genuine GM part. You go to your GM dealer. That is the way it is also supposed to work with metal detectors. I only work with servicing dealers, and any dealer that I gave my money to who can't help me never gets my business again.

I would consider contacting Minelab myself to be a last resort, but if I needed to do it I would call them instead of using email.

I really wish I knew of an aftermarket source for you but I do not. I have used every model Minelab PI made and never had the cam locks fail. I do sympathize and hope you can get it resolved soon. Until then the classic Alaska fix would be duct tape!

If the Minelab rod dia is the normal 7/8'' then the special camlocks from Rods_by_plugger from Ebay could well sort your problem out,i use the special shaft locks on almost all my machines and are 10 times straonger than a normal camlock and not much more costs wise.Worth looking at,i got mine posted over from the US and well pleased with them.

Sorry, I just saw this post. I was in SC attending a hunt last weekend. I hope that you have already fixed your rod. I sell lots of the Plugger shaft locks for $12.00 each. They are on my website and for all types of detectors. You don't need to use the snap buttons or cam locks which is nice especially if you have ever had them freeze up or break on you. I also have some cam locks in stock along with lots of other parts for most detectors. I believe that they are Fisher and Garrett but they look a like. Steve is right about buying from a dealer that will support you. It isn't any fun dealing with the manufacture's service departments.I can't imagine doing that when you are on a hunt.

Thanks graytcote, I ordered 2. Thanks to all of you who replied; I am grateful for your help.