Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Southern Run Plunder

mudpuppy

I left here last Saturday night at midnight to drive to Atlanta where I had to work all last week...drove home last night and got in at 5:30 am to a driveway full of snow..nearly 2000 miles rd trip...:stretcher:

I took my F70 along of course, and scouted by satellite some decent locations close to exits along the Interstate. I was stabbing Q's in middle TN by 10:30 in the morning...then, there was a wreck on southbound 24 at Monteagle and all the traffic was being routed off the highway and around on 41A...took 5hrs crawling along, I saw a ballfield in one of the little towns we went through and decided to take a break, pulled in there and got some more...I got into ATL later in the day, sun was setting, I was really tired and stupid..being up for over 24hrs and all that driving, so I shed down my gear in the room and went back out to do my nightly walk around my car to make sure she was all safe and ready to go if a fellow had to make an emergency dash out of town...I saw this little 14k earring on the floor of the parking garage!..

I may get in a hunt tomorrow, theres a half foot of snow, but the dirt underneath is not frozen yet...this cold punched all the way down to Atl...it was 24 degrees there on Friday morning when I left..Missed y'all and its good to see some of you had some great hunts I can now read!:clapping:
Mud.

Great eye for the gold mud maybe you should have cruised around to other parking decks... glad you had a safe trip...

Ah Mud...you're OBSESSED! :bouncy:Fantastic move to try going south. I hope you score big for your efforts, that earring is just a teaser and may there be a career find under you coil to warm your finds pouch. Looking toward to your posts.
HH - Bruce
Ps - no snow here in most of CT and the ground is soft. I know it won't last but we often get well into December before the ground freezes.

Thanks guys..yeah, someday I'd like to make a nice week long circle and do nothing but detect and hunt for spots...until then, a fellow can sort of search around by satellite and get a route planned and some places to try...I can say that all the places I hit evidently have some local working them, only the one sort of shiny Q out of that bunch, no easy and abundant pickins in the likely locations....I had to hunt tight to chain link just to get these..one totlot was clean of coins but there was foil in there, so I had a bit of hope...its snowing now and gonna snow all night...I may try some wet work tomorrow, In fact, I most likely will..:thumbup:
Mud.

Glad to see you had a safe trip and was able to do some plundering. Good job on eyeballing the gold.:thumbup: HH jim tn

Wow mud, I am going to call you the "energizer mudpuppy" Wow, 5 hours stuck in bumper to bumper traffic? Doesn't sound like a fun trip. On top of it, you get to come home to a 1/2 foot of snow. Ughhhh.lol. I can deal with the cold, but the snow....not so much. Glad you made it back safely.

Welcome back mud. Glad you had a safe trip. To bad it was cold. When my wife and I travel, I always take a detector. She thinks I am nuts. Every time she thinks I am nuts, I find a nice ring she likes. Good eye on that ear ring. Where is the other one?
Have fun in the SNOW... KEN

Mud......reading your post reminded me of a friend who put in over 30 years as L.A.P.D. homicide (since retired to Arizona) and he would always be looking down scanning the ground for anything interesting. He was not a metal detectorist but would pick up interesting items like your earring etc;. It was just in his blood to do that and we would joke about what he would find! Ive found it's fairly rare that you find a matching earring so it's usually just the one that you find and not both. Gold is gold though and can be put in the 'for scrap' pile for when the price of gold goes up!!!!:thumbup:

One thing to remember about the South. We detect year round. Makes for some hard hunting to find good targets. Some times you think that a place is hunted to death and when you finally go hit it there is a clad infestation and a few silver coins to reward you for your reducing that clad infestation.

Glad you had a safe trip.

Hey mud,

This is Tony. Phone died since I last talked to you and I lost all my contact info. If you see this message me at Anthony.sturr@yahoo.com you number. I got a new phone being delivered today. Hit my spot up north of Pentwater and found two rings, buff, lots of wheats.

Mud ya drove right past the house, I can throw a rock and hit 24 ....sneaking in and popping coins!...you sly dog! Next trip down this way hit me up and we can do a quick trip to a park just off 24 for ya. To bad about the snow up your way

Nice to meet you 3RINGER! You have some beautiful hunting areas there buddy! Thanks for the kind offer and really fun PM's we got going on! :clapping:

Hey Tony, I'm on it! You hunting tomorrow? Its gonna be nearly 30 degrees with rain and sleet! Perfect!
Mud