Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

sov as pinpointer for p.i.?

JOHNNYBOY

could you hipmount a sov and sunray probe (juryrig something) sov should work with just probe i think.(if it wasn't so late i'd try it out with my exp xs and probe) but anyway if it works you could hit deep with p.i. dig a little then use probe to see if it's worth continuing. could save a lot of wasted time and energy

It's a bit of a waste of the Sov's power as it goes quite deep on its own with the right coil,
it would have about 4 inches range, to tell if its ferros or non-ferros
from the tip of the probe to the target.
Regards R.

Too much trouble, you will be turning each machine on and off, they don't play well together... Just get faster at gettin your targets out of the ground. I have no problem gettin the majority of my targets in < 30 seconds if there deep, on wet sand 10 seconds or so. It's a game of odds, the more ya dig... well you know.

I have to agree with both S.S Tupperware & I-Rob-! on thar one. More hassle than it's worth. :shrug:

i'm new to a p.i. (just got a cscope cs4pi) i see your point,just too much hassle.i'm hitting jersey shore tomorrow. hope i have some finds to post....thanks everyone