Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sov. audio question

Never thought of sound being analog,but the Sovereign uses the measurement of a continuous various of voltage that changes the sound frequency(tone).IMHO yes.

I believe that you will find that the output from the detector to the headphones is Analog. I base that on the following information that I have found.

"From the Processor to Your Headset

At the end of the day, what separates an analog from a digital headset is where the audio processor is located. All audio, whether from an analog or a digital source, must be converted into an analog vibration to produce the sound. Analog headphones connect via a traditional headphone jack to an audio processor built into the computer. Digital headphones connect either into a digital audio out jack or a USB port and receive digital information to an internally-installed audio processor.
There are various upsides to using digital or analog. Analog headsets tend to be cheaper, while digital headsets, by contrast, ensure the same level of quality, regardless of which device you plug them into. Many of the more higher-end audio processors are only available for installation into a computer".

George,thanks,hope your weather is better than here long winter and now the melt off.I have always considered good headphones for the Sovereign very important,because the volume control main purpose on the Sovereign is for gain control.

Foreign Object,just curious,why its important to find out if the audio on the Sovereign is analog?

Ron I had a guy ask me if the Sob.was analog or digital and my response was analog I thought but not positive. Thought I would ask here.
He has only used older single tone fishers and Tesoro and of course dug by sound alone. He does not care about multiple tones.

FO

Ron There three things that I would not want to try to do without when detecting.
1. High Quality headphones. If I cant hear it I cant dig it.
2. A Good Pin Pointer.
and last but not least is a meter on my Sov Gt just to verify what I think I am hearing.

George, you are correct,those three things will make life a lot easier and increase your finds. I remember when the pin pointer was first introduced, my friends tried talking me into using one.LOL I told my one friend,my metal detector has a pin point button and no self respecting hunter needs a pin pointer.Years later if I forget my pin pointer I'll either drive back home or forget the hunt,we have become spoiled? I think most of us have learned how critical equipment is for a successful hunt.Thanks Ron