Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sov coil Connectors and pin outs

Auriemma

Hi all.
I came across 2 Sov Tornado coils 8" & 10" a while ago. I have a friend trying to bring them back to life. The problem is, I need 2 new coil connectors and the pin outs for them. ML won't give out the info, because its a company secret... REALLY? On discontinued and unsupported equipment?

Regardless, I need the part numbers for the connectors and pin outs. Can any of you folks help me?

The connector is a 6 Pin Standard HAM / CB Microphone connector (it's been around forever). $4-5 each.

And the pin outs are
1. Red
2. Black
3. Green
4. Orange
5. empty
6. Blue

I believe I have some of the connectors you need as I bought many of them as they seems hard to find. If you cant find any local I would be able to send you a couple. If you need them let me know and I will try to find where I put them.

Rick

Thanks Rick. I have 2 ordered and on the way. Your help is appreciated!

I've bought a lot of these Mic 6 pin female connectors and have found if they are bought from China pay a buck or two more usually you will get a better quality,some of these are so bad the pins are missing or bent and will come loose.If you can find an address in the US selling Mic connectors you'll get your part a lot quicker.These connector replacements are usually a quick and easy repair.Good Luck HH Ron

Well, I finally got my replacement connectors from ML repairs... What a joke. Wires still attached to them, and gobs of solder.
When I called and asked why they sent me used connectors, I was told they were new! They had just been cut off new coils that didn't pass inspection, and would have been used on Excals (???) if I hadn't bought them. I was told.. send them back for a refund if you're not happy.

That being said, they were installed on my 2 Tornado coils. Both now work, to a point. When you bend the wire near the strain relief, the 10" cuts out completely and the 8" squawks erratically. So there are breaks near the coils... more surgery forth coming. On the upside, when working, they both detect metal. We will see.