Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sov GT very impressive in heavy mineralised ground

Tony

Just thought I'd post some information regarding my new GT that I have tested in heavy ironstone ground.
I live in Perth, Western Australia and have tested my GT in the infamous West Aussie ironstone ground...in fact, I have an ironstone (pea-gravel) pathway down the side of my house and this is where I tested the Sov GT....here's what happened.

1. The detector was inoperable in DISC...no amount of SENS reduction (AUTO or fully clockwise) or slow sweeping the coil would work...the GT saw the ground as one large iron target and constantly nulled when the coil approached the ground, however,....

2. In ALL METAL, and after ground balancing (TRACKING) and then FIXING, I was able to easily detect over this bad ground with a reasonably smooth threshold. My target was a US nickel (similar conductivity properties to gold)...this was buried at the full depth of the pathway (about 4"). The GT gave a great signal on it with the coil just brushing the surface and still produced a definite threshold change with the coil 5" ABOVE the ground...very impressive. I was still able to run SENS at max without any problems so the TRACKING really works well.

I would have great confidence gold prospecting with this unit even over here, where the ground is about as bad as it gets. Next test is to bury the nickel at 8" or 9".

Regards,
Tony.

PS Reg Sniff (PI guru) knows what I mean !!

Mines gonna get a trial this weekend think I will give the GP a rest for a while anyway going to meet a friend in Dawson Gold Show this eekend but we are going to hunt so I think its time for the GT to earn its keep. Got one Dink last weekend with the GP, then put on the new coil to give it a try think, I'm gonna like the new Platypus seems to be very lite and it is sensitive...Hh...Geo