Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

sov replacement

good luck with that. I highly doubt it going away will convert many Sov users to the CTX. The ET or CTX hasnt convinced me to get rid of my Explorer.

Dew

well i will be sticking to the sov and my excal as just dont like the ctx just to many gagets on it i dont want or need and also heavy

The Sovereign GT is a discontinued model,but maybe there's a long shot that Minelab could make a land version of the Excalibur to replace the Sovereign.There would have to be a demand to create enough sales to make a profit from a land Excalibur.As long as the Excalibur is being produced the BBS metal detector survives.Only time will tell.LOL couldn't find a Hostess Snowball at the gas station,I guess also a thing of the past.Thanks for your post.HH Ron

I would love to see a replacement. If I were to guess I would say a scled down FBS2 model will be coming. FBS2 is Minelab's future and I just don't see the need for all of the CTX options that drive up the cost.

Seeing as many Xcals now days as i do in the water tells me introducing a new Xcal would be a good idea. Seems everyone is using an Xcal now..... to me that spells dollars. You know how everyone likes to jump on the band wagon when something comes out. Everyone that uses an Xcal loves them....... so i ask you would you buy one? Look at the CTX how many spent the big bucks because they thought it was better than the ET. BUT..... get ready to pay a LOT more if they do.... just because they can.

Dew

Thats why now that Winter is just around the corner and hunting will be very limited, Im going to send my GT to Minelab for a check-up/ refurb to make sure everything is A-OK with it so I can enjoy it for many seasons to come.