Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sovereign 550 meter. Does anyone have a chart?:detecting:

ZOFCHAK

I recently purchased a Sovereign Elite with a 550 meter and have had good success with it over my past few trips. The meter is very helpful, but I'm somewhat worried that I'm leaving good targets in the ground. Does anyone happen to have a chart showing where finds fall into the 550 scale? I made my own with my limited collection of coins and jewelery, but could really use a better one. Thanks for any help!

Here are some readings from a chart that was on Kens Wildherre web page.

Calibrate to 550 with quarter
549-550 quarter,dime.1/2 dollar,silver dollar,copper penny,two cent,others
547-548 12 ga. Shotgun slug
542-547 1715 Spanish 4 reale
538-544 aluminum screw caps
535-540 zinc penny,large 14k ring,7mm mag. brass
528-533 1715 Spanish 1/2 reale
527-529 1/2 dime
525-530 1"x 3" brass
515-516 30 carbine - 45 cal. brass
512-518 medium 14k gold ring
510-515 aluminum,melted
490-515 pull tabs,round
480 ? bottle caps,won't lock on
465-480 square pull tabs,won't lock on if twisted
445-448 nickels and some small rings
432-438 very small 10k gold ring
428-433 indian head nickels
376-388 medium 14k gold diamond ring
345-355 small 14k yellow gold ring
330-450 foil,heavy,won't lock on
328-378 small 14k white gold ring
250-300 very small 10k white gold ring,wouldn't lock on well
216-292 small foil objects
-1525 all small iron objects

Thanks for the numbers! That should help me quite a bit. :thumbup:

Reactions: tvr
At one time there were extensive charts for the 180 and 550 meters for the sovereign series on another forum but for the life of me i can not find them. But keep in mind that with the sovereigns gold can give a wide variety of vdi numbers based on the allow percentages, the size etc. The ones i have found are because i wondered what was under the coil. But the vdi on each one was solid.

I believe one of the Sovereign books you can still find for sale has a ID chart but I could be wrong, maybe someone else remembers.

I bought the last 550 to 180 meter conversion kit on ebay. Hopefully he'll put more up for sale. 550 is way too complicated for this schmuck!

I bought the last 550 to 180 meter conversion kit on ebay. Hopefully he'll put more up for sale. 550 is way too complicated for this schmuck!
Hey!!! So you bought it😅 I was debating getting it and when I decided I wanted it it was gone! Too funny. I hope it's easy enough to do. Let me know I'm curious.

Hey!!! So you bought it😅 I was debating getting it and when I decided I wanted it it was gone! Too funny. I hope it's easy enough to do. Let me know I'm curious.
I believe I still have some kits left with the instruction I copied off the BBS forum to do it correctly . The kit comes with the resistors for either of the 2 different 550 models, plus the pot for the adjustment for calibration on the back of the meter housing. When I found a place that had the 1% tolerance resistors needed plus the pots I was able to save on the shipping by getting several of them as I did some conversion for the meters and sold parts to those that could do this themselves. if someone wants one let me know and I will see what I have as they are in my shop somewhere which is a mess right now and I am not organized very good. I can remember what I did 50 years ago, but cant remember what I did a half hour ago.

Rick

Reactions: tvr