Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sovereign And WOT Questions

lammi

Just took out my Sovereign GT with the WOT coil {I bought used} for the first time today.

Was surprized at how well it pinpoints with such a big coil , And very deep

The question i have is is it normal for the machine to null if the coil touches the ground, Machine was nulling like there was tons of iron almost every swing.Did not seem to hamper performance at all but is anoying hearing the iron buzz almost always.

Then i noticed everytime the coil even taped the ground it was going to the nulling buzz.

Did find i could set threshold very low and when it nulled you could not here it loud enough to be a bother. Is this normal with the big coil ??
I have a Excaliber and it does null on iron but not when coil touches the ground with no iron present. I'm a scrub coil kind of hunter but have never had a problem before. Did try lowering the sens,and going slower.
Could hunt in all metal but switching is harder and even being careful you get sand all over macine

Sorry so long and Thanks for responce Lammi

PS, LOVE This Macine

Different coils are more prone to contact falsing (iron or otherwise) than others. A bump flexes the coil and causes the false. Some you can bang around pretty good, while others false on any significant contact.

You have two choices........
Quit bumping......or put up with it.

HH

I have the same setup and love it....once I hip mounted it. I'm probably 80hrs into this setup and I gotta tell ya it is deadly. I hear some funky things when I bump the ground, so I concentrate on keeping my sensitivity as high as possible and keep the coil an inch off the ground. I set the volume at about 6 and threshold so I can barely hear it.

I was told on this forum that I may have difficulty finding small gold with it which I have found to be very inaccurate. I also have the Excal 1000, but now only use it if its raining or when I'm water hunting.

I feel sorry for the people that come MD'ing right after me. The ground and depth that you can cover in limited time is overwhelming.

The terms like "small gold" and "small objects" get used a bit too freely without being defined.

We understand coins and rings.....but when we say "small" we run into a subjective and arbitrary term.
So what is "small" ???? Perhaps we need to give this term a definition when talking about it so we all know what the score is.

HH

I have gotten many small gold rings with it which are about 1/8" wide, and a few small ear rings.

I got a small hollow gold ear ring that is about 1/2" in diameter and not much heavier than 20 ga wire. It came in as a nice sounding whisper and wasn't scratchy sounding. It was about 6" deep...missed it with the first shallow scoop.

I agree cause it was barely a good sounding whisper. When I get this sound, I try to be careful cause it's either a deep pulltab or its gold. I try to take 3" slices as you can lose it in the sand if it turns just right.

Anywho I got it on the second scoop and I saw the shine when I spread the sand.

It is a closed loop.