Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sovereign Battery Question.

opa81

I bought this battery pack last month.

I tried to use my old battery charger that I still had from my old Sovereign GT, but that did not work.

I'm wondering what kind of charger I need to use for this battery. ??

20220712_192054.jpg

This looks exactly like a standard Minelab battery for the GT, and is represented as a replacement for the Minelab battery in the online ads for it. It should charge with the standard Minelab charger.

Assuming your charger is working, either the connection between battery and charger is not being made, or you have a defective battery. Maybe clean the tip of the charger plug with an electronic cleaner such as Deoxit. Also check the output of your charger with a voltmeter if you have access to one.

You should not have to have a special charger for this battery

Check the voltage of the battery now.

If the voltage is very low the charger might not turn on.