Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sovereign Gold...

Craig-PI

I recently purchased a Sovereign GT from a member here and took it for a spin with my hunting partner PI JOE... he worked the water and I worked the wet sand where I have wanted to hunt with my PI but I couldn't because it is iron infested... I did not dig one piece of iron and was very impressed with the GT... I found lots of coins amongst the iron and 1 14k gold wedding band... I'll be hunting with the GT the next time out as well and save the PI for water hunting...Joe also found gold in the water..

I'm still a PI guy Max but I told you I wanted a GT... a friend of mine gave me good settings for it and it ran perfectly...

Glad you got your new toy...now stay on the wetsand..I will take care the water....nice ring! :twodetecting:

A change is as good as a rest so they say, welcome to the BBS world, will a escali be next?

Standard 10" coil Scott... but I'm looking into a couple more coils one for dirt and one for more coverage on the wet stuff.. I'm keeping this detector ;)

kered said:
A change is as good as a rest so they say, welcome to the BBS world, will a escali be next?

Been there, done that... no more Excal for me... in the water is PI time, in the iron infested area's its the GT... :)

I guess you know whats next - after you have mastered your Jedi skills learning those Sovereign Tones.....

HH
:minelab:
OUTATIME

You're too funny... I think I did pretty well with the tones... I guess I remember them from when I owned the Excalibur... I really like the GT... for me anyway its nice and light and well balanced... Craig

Buy a Tornado 800, you will like it MUCH better than the 10". The ONLY thing that 10" does better is cover.

Kind of funny, Craig. I have the GT and now I'm researching the PI's for water. You'll really like the GT, I know I have. I've got the 10" Tornado coil but I'm interested in the WOT after reading Clive's book on the Excal/Sov. Has anybody on here used this combo? If so would you please give a little info on your depth increase and some good settings info. Clive gives some in his book but just wondering about others, especially with their locations.

Jerry

Jerry.... I won't stop hunting with my PI but the GT is aweome where I hunted a few days ago... I was very happy with its performance in a iron infested area that I tried hunting with my PI but it drove me crazy and I never went back to that spot again until now :) I have research to do on the coils I want... I guess I'll pick Clives brains...

is probably the best detector I've ever used in the wet sand but I won't take it even in shallow water so I'm thinking of either the DF or BHID 300. My luck runs bad when I tempt fate, lol. I used to have an Explorer II and it was unbelievable as well but it was an arm killer for me. The GT chest mounted lets me hunt as long as I like without any strain at all. In his book on the Sov/Excal Clive talks about using the WOT on the Sov using All-Metal mode. He also talks about how he first started with sensitivity turned down and how a poster who goes by the name of bbsailor told him to crank sens up and hunt in all-metal. Anyway, he talks about the phenomenal depth he was getting this way. I'm wondering how this would work for me on the beaches down here in the Charleston area. I need to get down where most of the others aren't going. I think I'm going to try it. I'm thinking this would be especially good when there is lots of sand build up. Anyway, best of luck with the GT and let me know of anything you try that seems to work well.

Jerry

If you are used to a VLF type detector go with the Beachhunter300... I started with a PI and can take the extra digging with it... many can't and get frustrated digging a staple down a foot or so... Trust me I won't take the GT into the water either.. most of my hunting isn't done where everyone else hunts... I hunt in the rocks and muddy area's... my hunting partner won't even go where I go and thats fine with me all the gold that gets stuck in the rocks is all mine lol... I sold my Excal because it didn't have the depth my PI did... the excal was wonderful in the dry sand for depth blew my DFX away but I rarely if ever hunt the dry stuff... most of the hunters I know use a PI around here with a few exceptions.. I need the depth those others are getting and more :) I also prefer older beaches and honestly I'll take an old signet ring over a new drop anyday :) unless it has a 3 carat rock on it ;)

I hate to sound blasphemous to the many who use the Excal with success but I tried one once and didn't really care for it. I'm sure it must be a good unit if so many people love it but I just couldn't get comfortable with it. Keep going to the places nobody else will go because that's like owning a bank, lol. I want to read Clive's book before I make a decision between the DF or 300. Actually, I don't mind digging too much, there's always the excited anticipation of what might come up. Have a good one.
Jerry