Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sovereign GT Falseing Problem

I picked up a Sov last year for a very good price ( I think I know why now) anyway, when detecting it will randomly give a long false signal as if iron or something big is below the coil. I checked my coil wire to make sure it was tight in the connector and my coil wrap is not to low or loose. Even after I disconnect the coil from the connector I still get a random false. Do you think it may be a bad connector? do they go bad? any help would be appreciated.

The first thing I would try would be to make sure your battery is fully charged if it is a rechargeable or if it is the alkaline pack you have a good set of 8 alkaline batteries in it. It sounds like the low battery alert you are hearing as the audio will give off a random long signal and get more frequent as you use it.
If you have a alkaline pack make sure you use 8 good alkaline batteries and not 8 rechargeable batteries in the pack as I feel the 9.6 volts they produce is not enough for the Sovereign to work right.
Give it a try and let us know if it does the trick.

Rick

CLEAN THE COIL AND COVER

I agree with Rick on this. When you say random, is it more on a timed response or every now and then? If its really random and not a timed response, I would check those targets in the all metal mode. You could also be running to high a sensitivity setting or sweeping to fast.

Well I took Ricks advice and changed out my rechargeable alkaline batteries to good old Durecell Batteries. All I have to say is RICK YOU THE MAN!!!!!
As of now everything is working great and the Sov.Gt is back in the game. I will bring it down to the beach this weekend and see how she performs, but I don't foresee any problems with her. I guess the rechargeables may not hold enought juice to run the Sovereign properly, its ashame they work great in my Fisher F75.
Thanks again for all your help.
John

Your rechargables may only be 1.2 volts. The Sovereign GT requires 1.5 volt batteries. Glad you found the answer to your problem.

Many try to use the rechargeables in the alkaline pack and have a problem you were having, then there are those that say they work with no problem, but from being on this forum since it was started I see this problem come up every once in a while. I know I have got into many debates with Critterhunter as he says it will work, but for me with the 9.6 volts 8 batteries puts out is too close to the voltage when the low battery alert and for me I want to make sure if I go over a good coin I want my Sovereign running at max so I get it instead of leaving it for someone else. The 8 rechargeable work good on my F-75 when I had it and on the Explorers or E-Trac they are good too, but not on the Sovereign as they need the full 12 volts.

Good luck and have fun.

Rick

Rick(ND) said:
Many try to use the rechargeables in the alkaline pack and have a problem you were having, then there are those that say they work with no problem, but from being on this forum since it was started I see this problem come up every once in a while. I know I have got into many debates with Critterhunter as he says it will work, but for me with the 9.6 volts 8 batteries puts out is too close to the voltage when the low battery alert and for me I want to make sure if I go over a good coin I want my Sovereign running at max so I get it instead of leaving it for someone else. The 8 rechargeable work good on my F-75 when I had it and on the Explorers or E-Trac they are good too, but not on the Sovereign as they need the full 12 volts.

Good luck and have fun.

Rick

Hey Rick I think your spot on with your assessment here. Fully charged rechargeables will give a few hours runtime on the Sov but then its low battery alert time:thumbdown:. The same batteries in the Explorer pod went way longer.
This past week I received some new rechargeables I ordered called eneloops from sanyo, supposed to give longer battery life than the stock explorer pack but more importantly hold most of their charge for up to three years. Right out of the pack I put them in an my Explorer and they powered it up all bars. Im gonna time how long they last, see if this slow discharge helps. I bought a few sets since they werent expensive and will try them in the Sov also and see if I get a longer run time than what I used before.
Do you have any idea if Sunray still makes and sells those pods to charge the Explorer alkaline packs? Would like to get ahold of one of those again.
HH
Neil

I got a set of Sanyos at Costco and have run them through my Explorer twice now and I am very happy with the performance.
Tom