Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sovereign GT serial number

Tseeker

Well I lost my mind and spent far more than I had a right to in this economy, but after a great deal of reading books, forum posts, and mag articles and fighting with myself, I finally went ahead and got the sov gt. It arrived today and now I need to register the warranty. There are numbers : 1) 2 on the end of the box, 2) 1 on the outside of the control box, 3) 2 on the inside of the control box 4) 1 at the bottom of the list of warranty conditions on the back of the card, 5) an item number on the receipt. Some have bar codes, some don't. Oh, and the coil has 2 separate bar code labels also. They are all different, no two are the same naturally so I should probably call Kellyco or minelab directly but just out of curiosity, what numbers did any of you sov owners use.

Go to the Minelab web site and do it online. This will walk you though the proceedure. If you put in the wrong number it will tell you. As far as spending too much money...... that will be story for you to post shortly. That machine if giving the chance should pay for itself in a few months! My Excalibur took about 6 months and the GT 3 weeks! Put the time in and you can go buy a new car! I have only been a Minelab guy for 3 years and kick myself in the ass for not buying one as soon as the came to the USA.I have used all the other brands for over 35 years and nothing I have found compares to Minelab!
Steve

Tseeker,

There is a serial number on the control box and on the coil itself. As buried crap mentioned, just follow the instructions and you will be good to go. As far as spending too much money in this economy... that is how I felt when I first purchased the GT. However, once I started learning the Sov GT, I forgot about the price and had a ball of fun this past summer. Too me, it was worth every last cent - I lost 15lbs lol, gained a whole bunch of old coins (IH cents, buffalo nickels, silver (mainly silver dimes), hundreds of wheat cents, two large cents 1822 & 1841, lots of neat relics, jewelry items (no real gold to speak of - yet) etc etc. This machine surpassed my expectations and I am truly happy that I bought it. Listen carefully to what this detector is telling you and then you will be well pleased with its performance and finds coming out of the ground. If you have trouble - I will help you out as much as I can. PM me any time. There are also a great number of people here on this forum that will help with your questions as well. I can personally state this as they helped me out tremendously. Best of luck and look forward to your finds / posts. - Jim

http://www.minelab.com/usa/warranty-registration

Your welcome - best of luck with your new machine.