Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sovereign Gt still find goodies.

GeorgeinSC

Got permission to detect around an old home and when I arrived I found that the grass was knee deep. I asked if it would be possible to detect around the home where the gentleman's parents lived and permission was granted.

I just purchased a new computer and cant get pictures off my camera until I get an adaptor.

But I dug 11 wheat pennies, 10 copper pennies, $1.10 in modern clad, One silver rosie and two silver mercs.

It has been a while since I found a silver coin.

George, great finds, 3 silver dimes and 11 wheat's, nice way to break the dry spell. Thanks Ron

The Sovereign was and still is one of the great detectors.
Owned two of them over the years but sold them thinking the newer detectors were better.
I can see me having another one in the future as the performance is hard to beat.

Sounds like you had a very good day of detecting.
11 wheat pennies and three silver coins is great.... probably more there..keep
hitting it if you can, and get that adaptor so you can load your pictures.

I went back the next afternoon. I kept digging those iffy tones that I frequently get with deep wheat pennies. I dug another 20 wheats out of that front yard. Dug two more Mercs, one Rosie and a Washington Quarter. Finding three silvers on Saturday was the first time I had ever dug three in one day and then to go back Sunday afternoon and dig four really raised the heart rate.

\Went back and worked the back yard and found 5 wheat pennies Something over a dollar in clad. Then a QUICK walk thru the front yard yielded another wheat.

So that yard gave up 37 pennies and 7 silver coins., I am looking for an adaptor to be able to get the pictures off my camera onto my computer. Will post pictures when I can.

That yard is the best permission I have ever had. Hoping to get permission on a couple more yards in that area but Ron might visit that area and beat me to them. LOL Just teasing Ron.

Unfortunately it is a 500 mile drive to that area.

George, WV has given me some great finds over the years. Glad you are having a good streak they never last long enough. Thanks Ron

Man you really got on a very good site!
That is a lot of old coins for one yard... folks must have spent some time out in the yard losing coins.
I hit a site similar about a month ago and found quite a few wheat pennies and got about 5 silver coins there too.
Most of my finds were under a large tree and under an old clothes line.
I figured the coins fell out of clothes when they were hanging them up on the line.
Again... very nice finds.. thanks for posting pics!!

Ron was good enough to help me with the pictures.

I hit that permission on a Saturday and found three of the silvers and 11 of the wheats. Then went back Sunday afternoon and dug 20 wheats and four silvers. Three dimes and one quarter.

Went back a week later and hit the back yard. Five more wheats and a dollar in clad. A quick walk thru the front yard yielded one more wheat. There were four large trees in the front yard and one stump where a tree had been cut.

Best permission I have ever had. I have been privileged to detect three yards in WV and have removed 14 silver coins. Three quarters, One 20 centavos from Pi and the rest are dimes.