Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sovereign GT

Hello All just a question I have the opportunity to buy a really nice Sov. GT I hunt Civil War relics in Northern Va and have read a lot of personal reviews on the machine and a few guys say they have a problem punching through the ground with it (hot ground) the one review I do respect is Keith Southern and said his favorite plate machine is his Sov XP 2 because of ferrous and non-ferrous separation around old house sites I know they are great beach machines but I all ready own a Excal II 800 I know it a personal choice rather to spend 500.00 dollars on a like new machine but there is still plates abound here. Maybe a little feedback might be helpful. Thanks Phillip.

I had one that I used for coin hunting and am in central Va.
Although it performed well in some sites around here, it did not like this red clay we have which I am sure you are familiar with.
My Equinox 800 for some reason seems to handle this ground much better.
In red clay areas, my Sovereign would be in a constant null unless I set the sensitivity down low… it just did not like that clay.

Last edited: