Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sovereign Lake Hunt

AustinEd

I got out with a friend yesterday and did some scouting out sites and lake hunting. Glad I live in Texas where you can hunt any time of year. We did not find a great amount, but we had a lot of fun. I did find one silver 1942 quarter buried in the rocks and mud and a bunch of lead weights and lures. You sure get your exercise climbing up and down a rocky hill to the water. Not really worth posting a picture. The Sov is still hard to beat for this kind of hunting. The weather was clear and sunny with a high of around 60. Of course in this weird winter it is back to drizzly and the low fortys today.

I hear ya about being able to hunt year round..... im in Fl, hey you have to give those in the froozen North credit... some still get out there even in their conditions.

Dew

Winters are rough here not a lot of hunting between December and March in my area.Texas has no state taxes and I have been thinking of relocating to a warmer climate.Today my 4 w drive tractor got stuck in the snow while unloading the manure spreader.Even worst, to use my Jeep to pack down the spreader route I got the Wrangler stuck in a 3 ft snow bank.

I live in New York State.. It's Feb. and there is 2 foot of snow on the ground right now and all the lakes and beaches are frozen over. But this is the time of the year that we repair and upgrade our equipment. I just got back my Excel from Kellyco with a new 10" coil, upgraded control unit and new head phones. That means revamping my shipping case. Now I'm ready for spring. Can't wait.

The weather is only bad in Texas in the summer when it is 100 degrees in the shade and there is no shade. In South Carolina July and August are the two months out of the year that one wishes they lived somewhere in northern Canada due to the heat and the Humidity.