Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sovereign signal tips

Blackflag

Hello, I’m a new to forum and I’m fairly new at running a sovereign, so I was hoping that some of y’all could help with some tips of what types of signal to dig or not to dig. Been running a GT,and elite with 10”, 8” tornadoes, S8,S5, and just got 4.5”x7” coil (favorite in trash). Also got converted 180 meters and a S1 probe. The shallow ones are obvious. The sovereign has already got some stuff that has been swung over with some great machines. It’s the iffy, short, and deeper ones that I’m not sure what to listen for. Thanks for any tips. Todd Fayard

Blackflag, I see you have two Sovereigns maybe one for a family or friend hunt? Even with two Sovereigns you may have 2 coils two many. I would consider selling one of the eight inch coils and one of the smaller coils. Having one Sovereign mounted with a 10 inch and a 8 inch would cover 99.9 percent of most conditions. This would still leave you with a sniper coil for heavy thrash. Tones are very close together so a 180 meter is important. Stay with the 8 inch coil for a while, the volume is a gain control always turn to max, your sensitivity is max by turning to the left right before the click to auto run your sensitivity knob with the 8 inch coil almost to the max, band #2 discriminate and notch turn completely down. run in tones. With the smaller coil learn how to pinpoint with out your all metal or pinpoint switch. Listen for tones first and then check your meter, always dig 180-175 readings 147-143 as you learn. Very faint targets wiggle the coil and if the numbers blip for a nano second on a good target dig especially 180 its a good target. surprise good target 173-174 1909 wheat's and some Indians. . If you have property make a coin and trash garden to give you an idea of field condition or limits of your Sovereign. Good Luck Happy Hunting Ron

To eliminate iron switch to all-metal and if the signal's not in the same spot it's iron.

Ron, I have an extra sovereign for my son, and when I need another coil. It’s a lot easier to just pick up another machine ready to go than to change a coil. I like to run each machine with different coils against each other. Most of the sites we hunt are very trashy. I already have a seasoned test garden. It has about every thing in it that you normally deal with including deep iron, nails,and typical trash. It has helped me with the sovereign some. Sovereign is definitely worth learning it’s nothing like anything else I’ve ever ran. I really appreciate your help. Thanks for your expertise. Todd Fayard

Blackflag good advice from Chuck on using the pinpoint for very deep faint targets to help ID good targets. I have a pinpoint remote toggle switch installed next to the handle where I can toggle on and off I don't use it often but on very difficult faint targets.I've used pinpoint on a couple of seeded hunts, which worked very well. Some people use reverse discrimination search by pinpoint/all metal and then use tones to check the targets. If you take a coin and stand it straight on edge all metal will give an exact pinpoint location. This can be helpful, example you sweep a target and the pinpoint indicates a coin size target. Tone ID is used and the target almost disappears or erratic. at this point use a 45 degree tilt(I know all manuals will always say keep the coil parallel to the ground) on your coil sweep this makes the coin on edge a bigger target and gives a ID.