Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sovereign Straight Rod Pics

Jeff (IL)

I'm in the process of "putting together" my new Sovereign straight rod setup, and was hoping some of you with similiar setups could post a photo or two.

My setup consists of:

Sovereign GT control box
Pluggers Straight Rod
Minelab 180 meter
Sunray S-1 Probe
8 inch coinsearch coil

Few observations as I start mounting everything. Man I have cables going everywhere, suppose there's not much getting around that...and exactly what should I consider the optimal balance point for all day swinging?

Curious as to how others mounted similiar combos

Here's what I came up with so far. Problem with this setup is the connection from the probe to the meter is way to short, might need to get it extended, and I'm still not sold on the probe location and overall balance point.

Not in the least, it is acctually real well balanced, It is all contained right there , and the pobe clips on the stand, It is something I made from wood then painted black, I love it......

Tinfoil,

Pluggers straight rod came with a vlip already mounted on top of the handle. Worked out real well. Here's a close-up.

Thanks Adam,

Tonight I'll fab up a new design, with the probe on top of the handle and just place the meter on top to see how it feels. If it balances well enough, I may see if Ralph over at SunRay can take my probe and mount the vclip on it.

HH,

Jeff

Man that sure looks like a heavy setup. I made a straight shaft for my XS-2 but I hip mount all the electronics.
Much lighter that way. Just a stick and a coil.

wildherre that looks great, don't see a lot of wires, did you trim them down ? How's it balance and how's the weight ?

I have a Sunray meter (in the shop for repair) but I'm thinking the smaller size of the Minelab GT 180 meter might be the way to go.

Wildherre,

As Cal_Cobra stated, very clean setup. I like your idea for what I assume is an all metal/disc pinpoint switch. May have to try that on my old Elite meter.

HH,

Jeff (IL)

Coil cable has been cut down to about 40" . Balances good...wildherre

The switch in the meter works out great, well worth the effort..wildherre