Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sovereign xs 2a Battery advice needed

Minas man

Hi all, I am new to this Forum but not to findmall as I swing a Tesoro . Here's the scoop, I have just purchased a barely used Sovereign xs 2a my first Minelab :clapping: . I will receive the detector in a little more than 2 weeks at a vacation destination and want to have it up and running for the beaches. The charger is lost but there is one rechargeable battery pack. What are my best options for powering this detector? Can the old pack be rebuilt? Are alkaline battery packs available.
Looking forward to your input.

Minas man

Just saw the battery primer so I will read that. You guys think of everything!

Minas man

Ebay has the stock Minelab chargers for around $12.00 these are the ones with the larger connector.Suggestion order a charger and see if the battery will charge.Worst case scenario battery won't charge have your battery pack rebuilt.Alkaline packs should be easy to find.Hopefully you have a clip.HH Ron

I will not see my new to me Sovereign xs-2a until I arrive at my vacation destination. It is coming with a Nicd and no charger so I will take your advice Ron and get a charger plus I will get a new nimh battery pack also. I found an on line seller of Sovereign XS battery packs & a smart charger that will charge both types of battery packs Nicd &Nimh so I will get this. The company is called onlybatterypacks.com and they sell Excalibur battery packs also. The new pack has the 5.5 mm plug for charging or that is all I can see from there pictures so I guess I will have to gear up a plug to use the new nimh 10 cell battery pack. Is there any problem using the pack without a plastic case?
I will have to put a 5.5 mm plug in the battery compartment.
Here is the ad.

2500mah NiMH battery pack with a peak detection charger for the Minelab Sovereign XS metal detectors. Over 3X the capacity of the original factory battery...plus made with premium AA nimh cells. The included peak detection charger will fully charge your pack in less than 4 hours!

Not a cheap imported pack- Manufactured right here in the U.S.A.!

AUCTION INCLUDES

Minelab 12v 2500mA battery
700mA Peak Detection charger

Any thoughts on these.

Minas man

These are good as I had to do the mod to a XS2a I sold being the original battery could not be gotten.
I had to take the control box apart and take the battery connection for the drop in pack and cut the wire and splice in the new plug in connector and run it into the battery box and worked like a champ.
On the XS they plug in, but the XS2 and the XS2 a had the drop in packs so they had to have the mod done to them.

Rick