Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

SOVERIGN GT ....... prospectors question

EARTHLINGX

i was told that the GT on the soverign GT stood for GOLD & TREASURE.... if that is so then how does it handle on the smallest nuggets an flakes???? What coil are you using and why????

GT does stand for Gold and Treasure. Using the Track mode (an all metal tracking mode taken from Minelab's gold detectors) allows one to set the tracking and search for smaller nuggets. As for flakes, no. I've used the Sov successfully in the West for nugget shooting. However, I prefer to use the All Metal mode.
David@Dixie

David.
If you are using the GT for gold hunting, would I be correct in assuming that it will only hear nuggets bigger than a gram?
Mick Evans.

what coil were you using??? does it have any setting that would help in aiding smaller flake prospecting????

I have several Minelab and Garrett gold machine's and have found gold with all of them and in the process I have learned
one thing; and it holds for dredging also. If you are concerned about being able to find flakes or 1gram size gold YOU NEED TO CHANGE AREA"S!!
Move until you fine larger piece's; your time will be better spent and you WILL GET MORE in the long run! Those small flake's
and gram size piece's had to come from some place that had or has much larger gold to start with. If all you want to find is that
size gold then use equipment that will recover it faster and with a lot less work and frustration that a detector will give you.
Go for the big stuff and leave the very small stuff for some one else and you will be much happier in the long run!

I was using the 8" CoinSearch coil. If I were prospecting for small nuggets, I'd use one of the small coils like a Sun Ray S-5 or one of the small Coiltek coils.